o
taro bloom

Posted by wallisadi deland (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 12 at 16:59

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: taro bloom

Mark - Is this an edible variety of taro? A friend gave me a plant that looks just like yours. I thought it was an ornamental.

o

not sure, if you want to stop by and eat a chunk, be my guest, have plenty...:) prolific baby maker!

o

Ok now, tell me that is not an erotic looking bloom. lol eat it...sorry for my outburst. Too funny.

o

Ooooh! My taro were mostly taken down by the frost, be a while before I see any blooms. The blooms on mine look like white calla lilies.

o

The leaves look like Alocasia cuculata, Chinese taro. I've never seen mine bloom. A Lao friend gave it me. She said "We don't eat that".
john

o

• Posted by akaj9 9 Central Florida (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 17, 12 at 20:35

[Ok now, tell me that is not an erotic looking bloom. lol eat it...sorry for my outburst. Too funny.]

Thats what I was thinking..or seeing LOL....seriously just by coincidence....I think not.... that was designed.....and the designer has a sense of humor too !!!!!!

o

Edible Taro is known for its edible roots, not flowers! LOL.

Mark - I'll pass on the option to nibble on the plant. I was just curious.

John - My plant was given to me by my Lao friend. What a coincidence.

o

i really thought lou would be the first.....big :) have a variegated one to, will post a pic when i get a chance, never bloomed.

o

I have planted the seeds from a few of my different black colored colocasia's blooms. I got babies that were hardy than the mother plants in a few cases.

o

Photobucketvariegated taro, a hit from the cold even heated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here