Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Orlando Veg Seedling Giveaway

Posted by abnorm Central Florida (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 17:05

I like starting seeds.....I've got a decent lighting set-up and a small but devoted fan-base of Ya'll as veggie lovers....My Sister and Hubby want a variety of sweet frying pepper plants ......Em and Claude and Sherrie and Amel want those tasty 'maters and a few jalapenos and such....

Now Maxine set the bar this year.....she said "Show me the HEAT!".....so with those marching orders and Silvia's generous seed locker.....I give you the "2013 Downtown Orlando Pepper Giveaway"

HOT Pepper plants include:

Scotch Bonnet
Habernaro (seeds from a fresh pod)
Cayenne

(Amarillo,Portugal,Volcano,Cajamarca)....Gone

Also a few mixed Jalapenos available

And a few extra singles: sweet pepper or seasoning pepper orphans

Eggplant seedlings include: Orlando and Black Beauty....
(I'm trying to keep my mature Orlando eggplant for a second season)

Tomatoes ?.....Not many unclaimed extras this time around

They're all in clear 8/10 oz cups....easy to see the roots.....They are under the lights but itching to GO! You'll need to move them in/out as the weather permits .....hmmm what did Phil the groundhog say ?

I'll try to have some plastic cat litter jugs w/holes to carry your treasures home....makes moving 5 cups at a time easy......

Colonialtown North neighborhood.....32803....
Weekends...Nites...also sometimes Tues and Thurs

Send an E-mail to my name/profile for more info

dougandpam

This post was edited by abnorm on Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 12:58

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Orlando Veg Seedling Giveaway

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 20:29

Hi Doug and Pam

What a generous veggie seedling offer! I still have your purple jalapeno. Are you going to smoke some of the peppers? Don't forget that hopefully we will have a get together/party/swap around April. Aji amarillo chili powder is very difficult to find, I always have one in the house for cooking.
Seedlings look very healthy!

Silvia

o

• Posted by abnorm Central Florida (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 7:02

Thanks Silvia......

I've tried smoking the peppers before.....

But they are too hard to stay lit ;-)

doug

Robert/Rednofl......I set your selections aside.....

o

• Posted by rednofl 9b Goldenrod Fl hz (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 6:56

Thank you Doug now I gotta make room for 5 more

o

Doug, you know this pathetic gardener will take any lost and lonely strays and give them a fighting chance and good home. Linda &
Ted

o

Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 9:57

Nice meeting you Robert.......

HiYa Linda and Ted....

I've been thinking about those "missing-from-the-forum" lately ....I checked and found Ted's phone #.....I'll give you a call

Vqueen.....see ya this week

dougandpam

o

Picked up my seedlings today.... the cat litter jugs were a great idea they made transporting the seedlings so easy...... thanks Doug and Pam

o

Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 21:17

You are welcome Maxine......

Pardon the old-timers-disease........
The other bug "spray" was SOAP: I use Dr Bronners Peppermint Soap from the health food store....Liquid soap mixed with water and sprayed at nite

o

Doug thanks for the info... you and Silvia are so knowledgeable....

o

I know I'm a little late, but are there any eggplants left? I never heard of Orlando before, and would love one (or two!) Let me know, I'm a newish (2nd year) gardener in Winter Springs...
-April

o

Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 21:05

Hello April !.....but it's March......da-da-dum!

We're down to the bottom of the basket-O-seedlings.....Yes, there is an Orlando eggplant left......these are the smallish oriental style elongated purple skinned fruit

Send me an email via my profile and/or enable YOUR profile/email.......do you get near downtown?

dougandpam

o

Wow, I feel like I just won the lottery, thanks Doug! I am impressed with your garden, it's so well set up!

I really appreciate it and hopefully I will do you proud. I am sure my husband will freak out it I can actually get a tomato to grow this time, and I am going to look forward to those peppers!
-Leah

o

Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 8:11

Leah you are welcome.....I look forward to seeing your progress

doug

o

Abnorm, I have some Dr. Bronner's I haven't been using. What is your mixture ratio?

o

Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 20:51

Nothing scientific for measuring the soap.....generally I squeeze a bit in a hand spray bottle and fill with water....shake and spray

Probably about a half-ounce per gallon if using the pump sprayer

You don't want a heavy soap application to remain in the bright sunshine.....a morning shower is necessary to avoid "sunburn"

The Peppermint smells so nice while you're killing the little buggars.........

doug

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here