Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you tried a Flex~Able Hose or Pocket Hose?

Posted by love_the_yard z9A Jax FL (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 17:24

Recently I have seen a new type of garden hose being advertised on television. It is sold under the names Flex~Able Hose and Pocket Hose. Has anyone tried it? Thoughts? Reviews? Ratings?

Flex~Able Hose

Pocket Hose

Thanks!
Carol in Jacksonville

This post was edited by love_the_yard on Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 17:25

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you tried a Flex~Able Hose or Pocket Hose?

No, but what a cool idea. If anyone here tries one, I hope they will post a review.

o

Hi
Does seem like a good idea but rather expensive??
If it's seen "on TV it's got to be great??? lol gary

o

I will say two things:

1) I have learned that any rule about a hose's effectiveness goes out the window under the hot Florida sun. My expensive 'kinkless' hose developed many kinks around July of last year after the sun had time to soften it up.

2) The fact that the Flex-Able hose website tried to stop me from leaving their site when I hit the back button just set off all kinds of warning feelings inside my geeky body.

This post was edited by Leekle2ManE on Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 15:10

o

2) The fact that the Flex-Able hose website tried to stop me from leaving their site when I hit the back button just set off all kinds of warning feelings inside my geeky body.

Agree!

o

Agree again with Leekle. Reputable companies with reliable products don't have to resort to such measures.
That said, my friend bought this hose. Her biggest complaint is a huge loss of water pressure. Since my water pressure isn't that great to begin with, I won't bother trying it.
PS. I had the same loss-of-pressure experience with a coil hose.

o

Concept looks great. Likely to be a cheap China deal and won't last. I do a lot of hand watering so I can use up a hose. But I only pay once. Buy a lifetime from Home Depot or Lowes and when they fail bring them back. Never been a problem. Still if I could get a high quality pocket hose....

o

I saw one in CVS. It looks really flimsy. I was wanting one when I saw the commercial! Very thin cloth material. Very expensive for just 25 ft. of hose.

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 19:31

Sure looks like a gimmick.

If anyone is interested I do have a hose that honestly has been impressive for not kinking, I've owned two of these 75 footers for five years now and I can't say anything bad about them. You know that old adage, you get what you pay for....

Tom

o

I'm interested, Tom. Evereything I buy kinks or cracks in the heat. So since you're a zone south of me, I'd like to know what's working for you.
~Bridget

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here