Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Changes @ Monterey Mushrooms

Posted by new2gardenfl Z9 CentralFL (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 20, 09 at 17:37

Monterey Mushroom Farm has made some changes in their compost sales. You can now only purchase it on Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. The price is still $5 for a pickup truck or trailer load. The gal also recommended calling first to make sure they have some.

Monterey Mushrooms Inc. security gate # is 407-905-4000 ext. 4022.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Changes @ Monterey Mushrooms

I wish I knew of a place over here where I could get something like that.

o

Where are they located?

o

Near Mt Dora, it seems. Zanesville.

o

Monterey Mushroom farm is located in Zellwood between Mt. Dora and Apopka.

o

Hi new2gardenfl,

Thanks for the update, I would hate to wast a trip out there and find no compost.

Take care, DC

o

Thanks! We always planned to go on a Saturday so I could have had a wasted trip and a wasted rental truck!

Kate

o

I wasted a vacation day from work and a trip out there. I'm glad that I didn't have to rent a truck too!

I recommend that everyone call before going in the event that they change things again. The lady didn't say why there were changes, perhap something to do with the economy.

o

I have a freind that devlered me 5 CU/Yr for $150 in a dump truck it would take me 3 or 4 loads to do that. if you need that much you can call Tim at 407-925-6069 I hope that helps .I love the stuff
Peace 2 all

o

FYI, for those of you interested......

Monterey Mushroom farm is located on Sadler Road (between Hwy 441 and Round Lake Rd.) in Zellwood.

You can use the link for directions or questions about the compost.

Here is a link that might be useful: Monterey Mushrooms

o

bump

o

Hello fellow gardeners!
The compost at Monterey Mushrooms is a wonderful amendment to the poor soil we deal with throughout most of Florida. Compost is available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for pick-up trucks and small trailers (5 yards)at a cost of $10. Trucks with a larger capacity may pick up compost on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The cost will depend on the size of the vehicle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here