Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What site has the best long term weather forecast?

Posted by JCTsai 8B - Yulee, FL (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 1, 14 at 18:52

E.g. one month or two months forecast. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What site has the best long term weather forecast?

The National Weather Service doesn't even predict that far out.

10-14 days is about all they can do with decent accuracy.

o

I wouldn't even give the NWS that much credit. If they get the next 5 days correct, I'm in awe. The Farmer's Almanac is probably the most accurate weather predictions available.

o

Hi
Would love to see someone predict the weather that far in advance. Way too many factors involved . I use "weather bug" the station is located two blocks from my house . Every mile south ,inland how strong the front lack of wind. Very useful for lows nearing freeze . Outside of that not much use Florida is so unique mainly because of all that warm water surrounding it and of course the jet stream. Good luck would like to hear what you find out. might consult the ground hog ?? gary

o

Friday the forecast missed predicting the high temperature by 17 freaking degrees.........asking for a accurate forecast out a month...might as well get a monkey and a dartboard.

o

BR,
How do you get the monkeys to stick when you fling them at the dartboard??

MOO

o

Thumbtacks...

I use Weather Underground, though their new and 'improved' smartphone app is really starting to get on my nerves (lots of hang-ups, time outs and no quick reference for forecasted Lows. Weather Underground tends to be close, but there are still times when the margin of error seems a bit wide. I use it for getting a general idea and then figue in +/- 8F. Still, it only forecasts about two weeks in advance and anything beyond tomorrow is likely to change on an hourly basis.

AccuWeather has a long-range forecast for checking a month ahead, but it is mostly based on averages of previous years, so not very reliable.

o

Just fair warning to the unfamiliar, the WeatherBug desktop application/widget is considered to be adware and by some, also spyware/malware. It is difficult to remove if you decide you don't want it.

I love, love LOVE Wunderground! I use Wunderground to get the best actuals for my location. There is a weather station about a quarter mile away from my house. I check it just about every day.

Carol in Jacksonville

Here is a link that might be useful: Wunderground

o

Lou,

You have to throw the monkeys very hard.....the bone fragments help greatly with the sticking.

o

Hi
Just got a weather report from NASA from curiosity in Gale crater. 68 daytime high low of 147 below zero lol
Summertime and the livin is easy ??lol gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here