Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

Any opinions, pro or con, about the Tebow mango ?

I just purchased a Tebow mango tree in a 3 gal pot on Friday and planted it yesterday. Am now starting to hear some negative reviews of it's taste, so am wondering if I was a bit impulsive. This will most likely be the last mango tree I plant so want it to be a quality one. Will appreciate any opinions, pro or con. This particular mango was previously named " Young. "

Comments (5)

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

I've never tasted Tebow before but I did find this link from the Tropical Fruit Forum on GW and if you scroll down to the member (below) he posted his reviews and a picture from his young tree...

"Posted by sleep 10a/b (My Page) on Sun, Jul 24, 11 at 9:37"

I think its a fairly new variety, but hopefully others that have tasted it will post...

Here is a link that might be useful: Anyone try Tebow Mango yet?

• jofus, ( Englewood, Fl zone 10a )
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks pug, think I will just leave my new Young ( aka Tebow ), tree right where it is. Besides the fair amount of time and energy to get it solidly planted, one of my goals in planting it where I did, was to serve as a buffer to the noisy neighbors ( not very noisy tho ) over my back fence. With it's projected mature height of 20 ft and girth of 15 ft, it will be perfect for that task. lol

• RastaYoga
    10 years ago

This is probably the blandest, most "boring" mango I have ever had.

It's not bad tasting, it just has very little taste.

It's like a "mango for people who don't like mangoes" kinda mango.

• shavedmonkey (Harvey in South Fl.)Z10b
    10 years ago

You could at any time add a graft of your favor mango. Or several grafts for a multi flavored mango tree. Good luck.

• saldut
    10 years ago

I've never heard of that one... I have 2 Haden and think they are the best, of course--- planted one in 1970, from Webb's City Nursery (remember that place?) it is now a giant, another planted abt. 1990 , also quite large..my only problem is they are so huge I cannot reach the fruit, the tree crawls w/squirrels and when they take mercy on me below they will toss me down a mango, after they take a bite.... I plan on having the older tree topped this August it costs $250.... then maybe I'll have a chance at some of the fruit! LOL, sally