Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures

Posted by morningloree 9b (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 13, 12 at 20:10

Hi,
I forgot to cover my Brunfelsia Grandiflora last night. The new foliage looks wilted. I bought a product from Home Depot called Superthrive. I mixed it up in a gallon container and watered the plant and sprinkled a little on the leaves. To me it looked like it helped. Has anyone else used it? It is supposed to be a combination of hormones and micronutrients. It smells like those liquid vitamins we used to make our kids take.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures

Hi morninggloree...I found this Post below from another forum. I personally don't use it so I can't comment. Good luck with your Brunfelsia Grandiflora.

Here is a link that might be useful: Superthrive Post...

o

I use it but haven't thought to use it for after frost care. It does seem to help a little with stress and transplanting. I think it smells like vitamins and wonder if it is concentrated vit.B1 which you used to be able to buy in a larger bottle much cheaper. Not sure if you still can around here.

o

read the opit's on the guy who invented it.....$$$$$ add to your fertilizer....just a drop....:)

o

I checked out the obit, interesting that it was used by the Dept of Defense on transplanted trees planted for camouflage. Now someone just needs to invent an easy way to keep plants warm. There would be some $$$$ in that. Thanks all for the info.

o

What the heck happened? Why was this forum/page totally painted and screwed up?

o

It sounds like you were seeing one of the infamous ads, corar, that slide down and cover up the contents of the page and even if you click in a clear area that doesn't seem like part of the ad, you're clicking a link?

The solution is a good adblock. In windows I think firefox with the adblock extension is mentioned. On a mac you can do that or I just use glimmerblocker, which works for all my browsers.

o

Download and install Mozilla Firefox to use as your internet browser: Firefox

Once it Firefox is installed, start Firefox and go to this link to install Adblock Plus: Adblock Plus

Both of the above are freeware (free software).

Carol M. in Jacksonville

o

Someone I know uses Superthrive on his orchids. He said it's the secret of the big orchid growers in South Florida.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here