Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree tunnels

Posted by thonotorose FL 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 20:18

Some are obviously photo shopped but still worthwhile.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tree tunnels

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree tunnels

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing this!
Marla

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 7:35

Hi Veronica,

Those are some beautiful tunnels! Thanks for posting.

Silvia

o

• Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 8:26

Simply gorgeous! I can just imagine how heavenly that wisteria tunnel must smell!

The article makes me think of the tunnel of huge live oaks that is located in Floral City, Citrus county. Several years ago the trees were threaten by the possible widening of the road they line until the trees were declared a historical landmark. I am so glad that those trees are now protected!

Kara

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 18:54

Reminds me of the miles of road out of Brooksville west to Chinsegut, course it's been about forty years since I took that journey, I wonder if that magic still exists?

Tom

o

• Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 9:30

Tom, if your referring to the road that heads north to Citrus county, I think that's SR 581, then yes it does still exist. I think that it's especially neat when driving that road at night, then you really feel like you are in a tunnel of trees!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here