Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Night-Blooming Jasmine: Full Sun, Shade, or Part Sun/Part Shade?

Posted by love_the_yard z9A Jax FL (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 22, 11 at 22:34

I have a night-blooming jasmine that is getting overgrown by the shrubs around it. It freezes back to the ground every winter and I would like to relocate it now before the growing season. I don't truly know where it belongs: full sun, full shade or part sun/part shade? Where is yours?

Thanks!
Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Night-Blooming Jasmine: Full Sun, Shade, or Part Sun/Part Sh

• Posted by izhar Karachi Pakistan (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 22, 11 at 23:59

Mine in partial sunlight, it get some morning and some late afternoon direct sun.. but they are grown here in full sun and we do have many spells over 100F but it doesn't hurt the plant at all..

Izhar

o

Mine (at my old house) was in full sun all day and thrived. I took cuttings to bring here and have put them in mostly sun and close to the garage to keep them from freezing. It worked but then a week ago or so, caterpillars got to them OVERNIGHT!
but their on their way back after being sprayed.

o

I have several NBJ in my yard. They prefer full sun, but do well in partial-sun just less blooms. They attract evening moths which lay eggs that feed on the leaves. If you don't spray, the shrub looks mottled and moth-eaten.

o

Thanks for all the great advice! It will be moved from the shade to the sun. Yay!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here