Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frog In The Wall

Posted by theoj Z9 FL (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 31, 12 at 7:11

Loud and near my computer, this frog sounds like he is in my wall and I can't see any holes he could get in (or out). I don't know what to do and he sounds like he is there to stay. Tapping on the wall doesn't discourage him. Unwelcome sound effects---when I use my computer. Any suggestions as to what I can do to influence it to leave???
theo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frog In The Wall

Mothballs? Can you get up in the attic and drop some down the wall? That might drive him out.

o

Please read more about mothballs before using them for stuff like this.

o

Are you sure it's a frog? A failing hard drive can make gredeep-gredeep noises, too.

o

If it is trapped in there without food and water it will probably croak. ;>)

o

I know mothballs are nasty and not to be used in abundance or without good reason. It was the only thing I could think of that might drive the frog out. If he croaks (;~)) in that wall, the smell will be terrible until he dries up.

o

Since the OP hasn't returned I think Writersblock got the problem solved!

o

Problem continues. I put some mulch near what I think is the spot and poured some hot water there (a suggestion I got somewhere on the internet). I think he moved a few inches and I think he tunnels under the house enough to slip in.--Couldn't put moth balls in the walls, possibly nearby on the outside. Positive this is not in my computer, just a little critter who would be okay if he would just move somewhere else. Thanks for your responses.
I will keep on trying. More suggestions will be welcome.
theo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here