Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Azomite at Ace in Brevard

Posted by abnorm Orlando (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 7:14

I was shopping in Brevard County this week and found the pelletized Azomite on the shelf at the Cocoa Ace Hardware store on US 1 at Dixon Blvd....East Coast Lumber....

I bought a 10 lb bag for about $16.....also 40 lb bag available

AND Rockledge Gardens has their (Non-Bonnie) Vegetable and Herb plants out for sale........Very nice healthy looking plants.........Variety of plant sizes and quantity packs.......

I bought 2 Poblano peppers I was missing for my collection.......3" sq pot for $2 each

doug

This post was edited by abnorm on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 20:28

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Azomite at Ace in Brevard

Useful to know, thanks.

I don't believe there is a better mineral investment for florida sand. For the record, I have no connection whatever to the azomite outfit.

o

I use Azomite on all my plantings, it has kept my 4 year old volunteer tomato plant young, healthy, and still producing great tasting tomatoes which the slugs really enjoy. I tried putting out beer in saucers but drunken slugs singing those dirty songs all night long kept me awake. Anyhow with the fruit trees it is best applied only once a year during early January winter dormancy when you are least likely to apply the fertilizer so there is no chemical reaction between the minerals and the fertilizer.

Lou

o

Cool! Saw crushed oyster shells at tractor supplies yesterday. In the poultry section right next to the granite grit.

Bought a bag 50# of no-salt alfalfa pellets for a VERY good price of $15.00.

o

What I am attempting to learn now is whether one can sequester the minerals between growing plants and mulch in semi-permanent beds, long term, despite the high rainfall and leach sand. Char in the soil is likely to be a major factor.

o

Thanks for the tip, Abnorm.

I emailed Ace and they told me they don't carry it. Also didn't turn up in an ace site search.

Going to call my local guy tomorrow.

Veronica

o

Sorry Veronica.........I checked at the Cocoa Ace and they order/buy the Azomite from an outside vendor.....Not thru ACE

Coming to Silvia's Party ?......."PonyExpress"

doug

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here