Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

It's not a hard freeze, but...

Tomorrow night's low (for central Florida): 35F - 37F (Weather.com - Weather Underground)

Someone I talked to recently had an interesting observation:
"It's like the months have shifted. January was more like December, February was more like January and March has been more like February."

Comments (22)

• ibarbidahl
    11 years ago

It's rather crazy to think that I have to protect my tomatoes at the end of March, but we have forcast to 42 tomorrow night. So frost is certainly possible for me. This is insane. It was 87 over the weekend. LOL.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    11 years ago

Might be 33 here. I just planted out a bunch of plumerias grrrr.

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

Yup...here we go again!! I heard on the news this March is the coldest March since 1996...17 years ago! Of course I can't remember that far back,lol...I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday :o)

Good luck...hope it will be windy to keep the frost at bay...

I'm suppose to be between 37 to 41 degrees for 4 nights :o(

Looking forward to the cooler days..though I would have been fine without the mid to upper 30's in the forecast...guess I'll try and enjoy it, knowing what lies ahead in the next 9 months. I just hope all the plants make it fine...

• bamboo_rabbit
    11 years ago

That darn global warming:)

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

I noticed there's a Freeze Watch for tomorrow morning for some counties north of Tampa...Levy, Citrus and Hernando to name a few...

Good luck!

• judyk_2008 9a DeLeon Sprs. (NW Volusia)
    11 years ago

I'll probably have frost tonight. I am soo sick of putting on and taking off frost cloths. Squash and tomatoes are in bloom. What do you want to bet, next week we'll be in the upper 80's again. My last planting of cole crops don't know what to do. They are having hot and cold flashes like me!

• jpin9a
    11 years ago

Yes, it sucks - why, in just 10 days or so , its expected to hit almost 90

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

They upgraded mine to
    Frost Advisory from Wed, 4am until Wed, 10am EDT :o(

• Michael AKA Leekle2ManE
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Woke up this morning (okay, I lied, I'm still trying to wake up) and checked the thermometer. 39F with a low of 37F. So, not as bad as I was afraid of but still colder than I would have hoped for. But looking at Weather Underground and all the temperatures being reported around me. Apparently I just narrowly escaped the real dip. Just 20-30 minutes north of me they hit 29F-30F. I hope those of you north of me didn't get hit too hard.

• bamboo_rabbit
    11 years ago

33 here at the moment

• shuffles_gw
    11 years ago

38.3 the low here - and enough of a breeze that there is no frost.

• jpin9a
    11 years ago

Yes, it sucks - why, in just 10 days or so , its expected to hit almost 90

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    11 years ago

Most of my stuff looks pretty good and I didn't cover anything. There is a few things near the front of the greenhouse that look a little wilty like some baby moonflower seedlings. Both the white and the lavender ones look wilty but not the morning glories next to them lol. They will make it though.

• morningloree
    11 years ago

This weather does have everything topsy turvy

Original Author
    11 years ago

The weather today has been awesome since about 10am. It's hard to believe that they're still predicting that it will drop back down to the upper 30's tonight. I suppose I should go protect my tomatoes... *sigh*

• SusieQsie_Fla
    11 years ago

Dawn! I love your pots-a-jumble-thing! Too cool!

I was amazed that here in Seminole County my thermometer didn't go below 41.
    I slept with the bed under the windows waiting for it to get cold enough to close them (I had just painted the bedroom and was airing it out) but it stayed quite comfortable til morning.

I think I'll do that again tonight. . .

Original Author
    11 years ago

35F with a low of 33F and I didn't do anything to protect my key lime. I hope I didn't just lose all the fruit and flowers that were covering it.

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

35 degrees here this morning with some frost. Should be the last of it...hopefully!

• stpete_mango
    11 years ago

It went down to 48 degrees in my area on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, but it was the wind that had me worried about my recently planted mango, mandarin and lychee trees. Seem to be okay, thankfully. Back up to 54 degrees this morning, and no wind. Will give them a drink after I get back from my workout at the Y.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Yeah, I just took the dogs out and noticed the entire shaded area around where my Key Lime sits is coated in frost. The only up-side is that the pot is sitting in spot where it got hit by the sun as soon as it crested the horizon and in that area the frost has already dissipated. I will be watching it today, but I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing the leaves go limp as the day progresses and we go from cold to warm in a rather short period of time.

• judyk_2008 9a DeLeon Sprs. (NW Volusia)
    11 years ago

Wednesday 32 with frost. This am 35 with more frost. I hate to see what my veggies look like when I uncover them this afternoon.

• morningloree
    11 years ago

I was surprised as well, here in Seminole. Usually it gets just as cold or a degree colder than projected. This time itI was actually a bit warmer. I did cover the Sobralia Orchids just to be safe.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations