Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karalynn_gw

new addition

KaraLynn
11 years ago

Nearly two months ago my older cat, Khyssa, died suddenly. She was an indoor cat that was only 13 years old who had been fine when I left for work that morning but when I came home I found her dead in the living room. We think she had either a stroke of heart attack.

Not long after I went to the local animal shelter and adopted a new kitten to keep my other cat, Koneko, company. The new kitten, who I've named Tavi, is a sweet little dilute calico who is now a little over 4 months old and a bundle of energy who likes to chew on me at all hours of the day or night. I've been training her to walk on a leash and have taken her on a few walk in the garden. I just wanted to share the newest addition to my family with you.

Kara

Comments (9)

• KaraLynn
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's another picture. The only problem she has walking with the leash is that it distracts her from time to time and she has to stop to play with it like a string. She has no problems with the harness and will run around the house playing while wearing it for hours on end!

• bamboo_rabbit
    11 years ago

She's a cutie:)

• bugbite
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing. When I saw your pictures it certainly brought a smile, because I know how cats can complete a persons life, certainly for my wife and I. They bring such love and companionship.
    When we lost 3 old cats in a short while we said we would hold off getting more so we could travel.
    That did not last long. Someone fixed a young neighbor male stray cat and then he suddenly became the most loving cat I have ever seen. Picture below. He moved in and we love him. We have 2 others with long stories how we ended up with them. One of those is labeled as mine, she is an absolute friend. It is like she wants to take care of me. God's angels on earth.

• hester_2009
    11 years ago

Your new addition is so beautiful!
    I used to walk my cats on leashes also. These days, I only have Ralph, who came to us as a stray and he is used to being outdoors (only during the day).
    Here's a pic with him with his cement friend!
    (I wonder how many pics of cats we'll get on this thread!)

Hester

• bugbite
    11 years ago

A ton, I hope. Each brings a smile.

• KaraLynn
    Original Author
    11 years ago

She sure is adorable although right now I'm a bit irritated with her. I usually keep her shut in the spare room when I leave the house but today I left her out while I went to Lue gardens. When I got home I discovered that she had gotten into anything and everything and had even badly damaged the hoya that was hanging in the the living room window. I'd thought that it was out of her reach but I sure guessed wrong! And she is still full of energy and running around the house like crazy!

• greenie1_gw
    11 years ago

I love cats. My cat Aubie eats Cheetos and fig newtons, and sleeps on his back with all four feet in the air.

• katkin_gw
    11 years ago

I love cats, but haven't had on in a while now. But we have had them all while my kids were growing up. They were raised with German Sheppards and a poodle mix. Now we just have a deaf rescue Bischon mix. I've taught him hand commands. And he's a love.

• katkin_gw
    11 years ago

I forgot to mention, you have a lovely new kitty. :o)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio