Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silvia!!!

Posted by ibarbidahl 9 (tampa-ish) (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 9:04

I just wanted to check on you. I was in Clermont yesterday, not far from your house - when a little twister came through.

I hope that all is well with you and yours. My car has a few small dents from the hail and scratches from debris but we were all inside the Cracker Barrell at the time and safe and sound. SO glad we were not out on the road at the time! I have done nothing but think about you and everyone in your area since I left there.

Barbie~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silvia!!!

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 14:25

Hi Barbie!

Thank you very much for checking on me. The weather was terrible yesterday just like you said, I thought that everything was coming down, bananas, tomatoes, and I was worried about the greenhouse too because I left it open. I saw big pieces of hail but I was more worried trying to calm down the pets...I hope that was the last bad rains for a while, I can deal with the cold better than winds.:)
Hope that you can make it to the party!

Silvia

o

The hail! My daughter would NOT believe me that it was ice! It was so funny trying to convince her. I don't know what she finally decided it was, but there was quite a lot of it.

I'm glad you didn't have much damage and the pups came through OK. I wouldn't have wanted to be out in that and I can't imagine if you had lost your greenhouse. :-(

Yes, I am still planning on coming to the party. I have to find a recipe that doesn't require heat/cold to stay good because you are 2 hours away but I will certainly find something. I make a mean pulled pork, but you usally do the meat... I can do baked beans. :-) Either of them should make the trip in a crock.

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 19:35

Barbie, I am sorry about the damage to the car but I am sure glad that you were safe and not driving, especially with little kids on board.
The greenhouse has insurance against damages so that helps in case of a bad situation.
Looking forward to see you April 13 and anything you bring it will be good.

Silvia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here