Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eric_9b

Leu Gardens Spring Plant Sale-March 17-18

eric_9b
12 years ago

Leu Gardens Annual Spring Plant Sale

Saturday, March 17 and Sunday, March 18, Admission is FREE both days.

Bring a wagon or plant cart for your purchases!

Saturday, March 17th, Members Only from 8:00-9:00 am

Sale and Gardens open to the public 9:00 am-5:00 pm both days

Over 40 vendors selling a large variety of plants & garden accessories including;

Anthuriums, camellias, ferns, crotons, cordylines, palms, cycads, bamboo, citrus, tropical fruit trees, bananas, olive trees, orchids, flowering trees, roses, bromeliads, orchids, gingers, heliconias, aroids, flowering shrubs, perennials, Florida native plants, butterfly plants, herbs, annuals, vegetable plants, flowering vines, bougainvillea, tropical plants, African violets, cacti, succulents, bonsai, garden art and sculptures

Leu Gardens is located at;

1920 N. Forest Ave.

Orlando, FL 32803

Here is a link for information;

http://www.leugardens.org/events.htm#Annual_Plant_Sale

and a link for the list of Vendors;

http://www.leugardens.org/pdfs/2012PlantVendorList.pdf

Comments (11)

• leahrenee1
    12 years ago

I wondered if anyone was going to post this! ;) Are you working the booth this year, and is there anything we should get there early for? ;P

• cocoabeachlorax
    12 years ago

I've never been but I've been wanting to. Is this a circus like free for all good luck finding parking black friday crowds kind of nightmare, or more low key ?

In other words, really bad weekend to try and see the gardens and maybe pick up a few plants or really good idea, go, have fun, bring the 5 and 7 year old...

• Beopposed
    12 years ago

That's what I was wondering... Is it really super busy and crowded?

• Tom
    12 years ago

It's kind between very crowded and laid back. There are a lot of people, but not too many to make it difficult to move around and see things. The garden is beautiful by itself.

I don't miss this sale. There are lots and lots of different plants, and there's food and friendly people, and, again, it's Leu Gardens--it's beautiful by itself.

• leahrenee1
    12 years ago

If you like plants then you won't want to miss it. You will probably have to park in the surrounding neighborhoods and walk but it is a great opportunity to get exotic plants that you can't find at a big box nursery. Bring a handcart or some type of wagon though so you don't have to carry everything.

• Beopposed
    12 years ago

Aw! Now I'm really sad because I probably have to miss it. It's just too much money in gas to get out there :(.

• Tom
    12 years ago

There was a spread on in in the Sentinel today--online at least. I'm gonna be there tomorrow morning. Really looking forward to it.

• tinael01
    12 years ago

Nick and I are going to hit it today too. He wants a new CP and then he wants to to go to Hollywood Studios, LOL, but he's still just 10.

Did anyone get anything good? Was anyone selling carnivores?

Last year at all the plant sales I bought gingers for under the Oak and Chinese Lantern tree on the border of my garden. While I was in India the neighbor cut down the Lantern tree and trimmed back the oak severly well over my yard. I probably had $300 worth of gingers under it that are all going white with sunburn. That was my only safe spot to grow them. But I don't want another 'enemy' neighbor. I already don't get along with my south neighbor. when he move in (we live in a circle cul-de-sac) he didn't know where the property line was and he cut down all of my plants in a flower bed including a papaya, a bay leaf, and a bougie. Then he argued about the property line! Like it had magically moved just because he moved in. Oh well.

• tinael01
    12 years ago

We went! We got a couple of hair plants....a red velvet elvis.....and from an old guy having a 'plant sale' in his yard a block a way we got a 4 1/2 yr old jaboticaba for $15! then we went crazy in Hollywood Studios.

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    12 years ago

CP = Carnivore Plant (I think)

• tinael01
    12 years ago

yes that is correct, carnivorous plant, and there were a couple of plants for sale but we had everything already.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!