Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (17)

• cocoabeachlorax
    10 years ago

Ah ! Clivia ! Where are you in Florida ? How do you keep yours. I have no less than 2 dozen Clivia and NONE bloom for me. These are gorgeous.

• whgille
    10 years ago

Beautiful blooms! Your garden is so interesting, everyday there is something new to look at...

Silvia

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

West exposure, filtered sun.......

• morningloree
    10 years ago

Mine bloom best with some sun. I have 6 and the 2 in shade have never bloomed. Beautiful blooms BTW.

• kayjones
    10 years ago

My orange is blooming now. The yellows will bloom in about a month - a real treat each year.

Coco, you may have yours planted too deep.

• cocoabeachlorax
    10 years ago

kayjones, how would I know if it's too deep ? Many of mine are potted and outside. I'd love some help getting these to bloom, they are so gorgeous. I've all but given up on the blooms and just enjoy the foliage ;)

• Irma_StPete
    10 years ago

Help comes in many forms. Just saying.

• cocoabeachlorax
    10 years ago

Huh ? irma st. pete ?

• Irma_StPete
    10 years ago

I was suggesting that kayjones was suggesting that "maybe" your clivia, or some of your clivia, could use a little lifting out of the soil. Perhaps a smidge. You did ask for help.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

west exposure...filtered sun..osmocote....

• cocoabeachlorax
    10 years ago

irma st. pete, yes, help indeed. But how will I know how far to lift them out of the soil ? should I be able to see the root over the top of the soil? I had no idea that planting too deeply could stifle flowering.

• Irma_StPete
    10 years ago

Cocoabeachlorax, I apologize. I was talking without actually looking up online (so easy) how to grow clivia. No mention of depth, but other factors are interesting - energy of your clivia could be going into the leaves instead of into flowering (cold snap while drying out good, potbound good, few years of age good): http://www.cliviausa.com/pages/Clivia-Care-and-Culture.html

• cocoabeachlorax
    10 years ago

Thanks, Irma.

• tomncath
    10 years ago

Here's mine today, came from Mark ;-) No direct sun, all shade....

Tom

• tomncath
    10 years ago

Close up

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I see bud.......cool!

• tomncath
    10 years ago

All thanks to you M ;-)

Sponsored