10 years ago

There's nothing wrong with that angle!

• tomncath
    10 years ago

Cool T, you growing any rice this year?

• shuffles_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tom, those were rice plants they were doing it on. I haven't planted any since last spring. What you see is growing from last year. It has cropped twice. Looks like it will keep coming back. The cardinals and some other birds really enjoy the seeds and I don't have much use for that area aside from growing sunflowers. I am having serious hand surgery Tuesday, so I won't be doing much gardening for a while. I have lots of sunflowers I want to grow this year, but they will have to wait. Not much gardening you can do with one hand.

• tomncath
    10 years ago

How cool about the rice, wish I had the room for some knowing it reseeds and cardinals like it, I'd love to keep the cardinals in my bamboo longer than just the spring nesting season....

Dynamite sunflowers! Sorry to hear about your need for surgery, if you need help with anything I can do on the weekends or late afternoon after work don't hesitate to call or drop me a line.

Tom

• Erica_grows_organic
    10 years ago

I didn't know you could grow rice in florida. I am new to gardening and always thought it needed a whole lot of water.

• shuffles_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tom, thanks for your offer. I have been trying to get everything taken care of before surgery. The surgeon called this morning and had decided to cancel one of the two procedures. I guess then it will be only half as bad.

Erica, rice grows well during our rainy Florida summers. It does not need to be flooded.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bluebonnet rice

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio