Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Greenfest 2013 - March 23 & 24

Posted by Foreverlad 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 12:56

The Friends of Plant Park will be hosting the 16th annual Tampa Greenfest at the University of Tampa's Plant Park on 23rd and 24th of March.

http://www.friendsofplantpark.com/greenfest/

If I remember correctly, there's a 3 dollar donation entry fee, and from what I've heard, they do rent out carts for a small donation as well.

Anyone have any stories of past experiences with Greenfest? Are you planning to attend?

I'm thinking about stopping by Saturday or Sunday.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Greenfest 2013 - March 23 & 24

Sounds nice! Might drop in for a bit.

o

Went to Green Fest in Tampa today and had an awesome time. One of my all-time favorite vendors was there, Vince Morterello from Island Stylin' whom I haven't seen since USF's plant sale last July. I also got to meet Meems of Hoe & Shovel fame, and came home with a car full of goods.

Off the top of my head:

1 Ice Cream Banana plant
1 "Black Magic" Cordyline
3 dwarf purple cordyline (don't know name)
1 Joseph's Coat (red)
1 green/pink/white Joseph's Coat
2 Cigar Plants
2 Matchstick Plants
2 Dancing Flame salvia
2 Variegated Shrimp Plants
2 Summer Glow Agastache
2 Red Autumn Sage
5 types of coleus I'd never seen available around here
1 Diamonhead Colocasia
1 Charcoal Colocasia (can't find any proof this is the right name)
And about 15 Ginger rhizomes, (5 varieties, 1-4 bucks apiece) each rhizome is easily the size of my fist.

Probably going to head back again tomorrow, though I'm a lot less likely to purchase anything.

o

THANKS! Foreverlad.

I was unaware of the sale and was able to get over to it this morning before heading over to the the Honda Grand Prix in Saint Pete.

Was able to pick up 7 nice plants. :-)

Very appreciative of head up on this!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here