Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bevorlando

Curry Plant (Murraya koenigii)

BevorLando
11 years ago

I'm interested in growing my own curry tree in my Central Florida back yard. The clerk at the Indian grocery said this morning the tree should thrive well here if I can keep it going for a year.

Anyone in Florida, zone 9 who has had success growing this tree? I'm also interested in where I can find one to buy. Our local garden shop does not carry them.

Comments (82)

• Jayne Jain
    6 years ago
    Many thanks! Would like to treat you to lunch!
  • Jayne Jain
    6 years ago

Sambac, I am headed to Delray today to Deshi Bazaar to buy fresh curry leaves and dosa batter. Are you nearby? Soflajo, do you want me to bring some leaves for you. One site said one cd root from stem. Best to ou both!

• sambac
    6 years ago

I have baby plants I'll pot up for you guys. And when I'm ready to meet you guys I'll bring some leaves from my adult plant.

• soflajo
    6 years ago

Thank you Sambac. I posted this also on my Next Door app and found an older couple just blocks away from me that have an amazing yard filled with exotics and share my love of gardening. They gifted me with a few curry plants from their giant and spreading tree (lol), as well as many other starts I was able to dig up and transfer. Thank you for the offer but I have a few lovely specimens potted and showing great promise!

• Jayne Jain
    6 years ago
    Wonderful! Do you think that they would be willing to share a few more? --so nice that you have met close neighbors who share your gardening interests. I am also going to use your idea and post on our Deerfield Beach Island listserve!
  • sambac
    6 years ago

Jayne I planted all the babies in a pot. I'll get it over to boca tomorrow. I'll pm the address. Pick it up anytime. Sorry had to do this on the weekend.

• sambac
    6 years ago

Jayne can you pl email me at nsmd@comcastdotnet - don't want the robot stealing my email - hope your that and ill send u my add. not able to send you pm, through houzz

• M T
    6 years ago

hello, I am in miami. Does any of you kind people have any hints for me to find few small plants ? I am Indian and would love to have this herb for my cooking.

• Anjan Mel
    5 years ago

Hello i am willing to travel and pick up some curry plants i live in Winter Garden Florida. my email melsauto@gmail.com

• christopher cooper
    5 years ago

I would love to try a pup if possible. I live in Delray Beach. Has anyone had any luck with growing seeds to full plant? If so, any specific seed company?

• Ramya Raavi
    4 years ago

Is any one having curryleaf plant for sale

I would like to get one , please let me know

• statineni
    4 years ago

Ramya - if you are around orlando area, i can give you a few.

• sambac
    4 years ago

Have some sprouting. May be after the covid crisis - I can pot some babies out. Need to pick up please From Boynton beach or Wellington locations. . Can’t ship

• Ramya Raavi
    4 years ago

I can pickup

• sambac
    4 years ago

Will post again once these restrictions are over Ramya

• Ramya Raavi
    4 years ago

I am from St Louis i might leave this weekend .

• Mohan Krishnan
    4 years ago

statineni

I am also looking for curry leaves plant and I live in Orlando Area, Please email me at mohan.8991@gmail.com

• Vijay Sukhadeve
    3 years ago

ng . . .

• David Nguyen
    3 years ago

I am also looking for curry leaves plant and I live in west central Area,., Inverness Florida Please email me at dnguyen2708@yahoo.com

• Sindhu Shiva
    3 years ago

Hey guys! I live in Palm Harbor. Please let me know if anyone has a few saplings of curry leaves plant to spare. Thank you :)

• shuffles_gw
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

You can have this one if you want to pick it up in Tampa while wearing a mask and socially distancing. If it is too big, you are welcome to dig some from the ground.

• Jayne Jain
    3 years ago

I would love to have thi—not too big at all. I will be accompanying my husband to Moffitt Cancer Center on Monday thé 20th. Would it be possible to pick this up that afternoon or evening?

• shuffles_gw
    3 years ago

Please send me a private message. I think I am set up for that on this site. This plant has grown roots from the container into the ground, so it will likely require some attention to help recover losing those roots. Right now, this plant is growing berries. The afternoon of July 20 would work for me.

• Jayne Jain
    3 years ago

Please let me know how to pm you. And, THANK YOU again for this opportunity. If

you feel my situation is not ideal for this gorgeous plant, I am happy to dig another.

• Jayne Jain
    3 years ago

My email is jane.stanfield@ua.edu if you prefer to communicate this way.

• HU-339599912
    3 years ago

@statineni

I am looking for few saplings. I live in Orlando. Please do email me harshitha1prasad@gmail.com

• Angelica K
    3 years ago

Hi guys, I’m am looking for a curry leaf plant for mom for our backyard. We can’t find any locally. Can anyone please share? I’m in Orlando by Maitland. Please email me at angie_at_union@hotmail.com. I can swing by to collect. Thank you all so much!!

• Angelica K
    3 years ago

Hi shuffles_gw, I would love some as well if you have extra leftover. The more the merrier as mom intends on using it often.

• tinael01
    3 years ago

my son it going to Orlando later today and can bring a plant. he is going to the Kirkman Road Vet clinic at 2:30 so let me know if you want to meet him.

• shuffles_gw
    3 years ago

tinael01, I think I got mine from you. I shared out two yesterday.

• Angelica K
    3 years ago

Hi timael01, yes I can meet you there at 2:30pm. Thank you so much! I’ll see you there at 2:30pm, on 38 S Kirkman Rd. I’ll be in a light blue Camry.

• tinael01
    3 years ago

ok, my son is driving a red sonata. He will see you there.

• tinael01
    3 years ago

I am sending extras so that harshitha1prasad@gmail.com in the request above can also have some. Maybe you can give to him since he is also in orlando if he didn't already get them from Shuffles.....Hi there Shuffles!!

• Angelica K
    3 years ago

Yes will do. Thank you sooooo much!!

• Angelica K
    3 years ago

Meeting him in a few mins. Thank you!

• Angelica K
    3 years ago

Hope everyone is doing well Here! Does anyone know where I can get a giloy stem/plant in the US?

• Caroline M
    3 years ago

Anyone have Curry leaf plants available in Tampa area?

• shuffles_gw
    3 years ago

I have some you can dig in Tampa.

• Vijaya Sukhadeve
    3 years ago

I would love to have curry leaf plant.

• Vijaya Sukhadeve
    3 years ago

I am in Tampa, Florida.

• shuffles_gw
    3 years ago

I sent ;you a message.

• s P
    3 years ago

@shuffles_gw Hi I sent you a messgae.

• HU-710050617
    2 years ago

We are moving to Orlando, Florida in July. Please let me know if anyone can share a curry leaf plant. Thank you!

• statineni
    2 years ago

@HU-710050617 - welcome to Orlando ! I can give you curry leaf plant. PM me.

• Angelica K
    2 years ago

Hi @statineni I live in Orlando as well. may I kindly have a curry leaf plant too? Thank you. How do I send a PM?

• statineni
    2 years ago

Hi @Angelica K - you can text me at 6177846332 .Thanks !

• HU-710050617
    2 years ago

@statineni Thank you so much. I will text you once I move there next month. Appreciate your help!

• rj 0629
    2 years ago

Hi. I am looking for a curry leaf plant for my grandmother for our backyard. We can’t find any locally. Can anyone please share? We are in Miami,FL. Please email me at jivanirani@gmail.com. I can swing by to collect. Thank you!

• Angelica K
    2 years ago

Hi @rj 0629 Hemchand from his Avon Park farm can probably mail it to you. His contact is +1 (912) 441-6720 and htularam@aol.com.