Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"blue"

Posted by wallisadi deland (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 17:22

photo 0c3ca075-042b-4ca1-9389-1f9fa5bff88a_zps94b7b752.jpg  photo 030_zpsd1b19d4e.jpg late but more intense blue......love it.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "blue"

What a beautiful blue !!!

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 18:41

M, that is a beautiful shade of blue!

Silvia

o

What is that ? It is stunning.

o

That really is a wonderful shade of blue, so intense. I'd like to know what it is too. Wonderful photos.

FlowerLady

o

Maybe it's blue ginger (dichorisandra thyrsiflora)?. I've seen an impressive clump growing at the entrance to the Butterfly Museum in Gainesville. Info I've found elsewhere, however, says this ginger blooms mid-summer to fall so seeing the blossom now makes a blue ginger ID questionable.

No matter the name, it certainly is eye catching.

o

Still blooming, should have been done months ago.......like it, right out the back porch!

o

I love your blue photos. Blue is such an striking color in the flower world!
I have the spider wort family member dichorisandra thyrsiflora aka 'blue ginger' in a pot (dunno why ...since its hardy here lol) Something ate the largest stem that was growing (have a feeling it was one of our muscovy ducks) so I am going to plant it in the ground, they leave stuff alone in the ground more.
~SJN

o

Gorgeous. Ginger? I passed one up at a USF plant sale and have regretted it ever since. Love that color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here