Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alpharetta_gw

Looking for Pomelo fruit tree from Florida nursery

alpharetta
14 years ago

Hi All,

I have a friend in Pensacola FL, zone 8. She is looking to grow some sweet pomelo but does not know where to order online. I wanted to buy her one from mckenzie farm nursery but it did not work our because they cannot ship citrix to Florida. So I guess the only option is to order Pomelo plant from Florida nursery.

Please advice any great pomelo variety and nursery you know.

Thanks

Alpharetta, GA

Comments (6)

• xentar_gw
    14 years ago

Harris Citrus sells them for a reasonable price. I've ordered three or four citrus trees from them in the last couple of years and have been satisfied with them.

Harris Citrus

According to them, Hirado Buntan is the most cold hardy variety, but even then, it's not hardy to zone 8 and will need protection when the weather gets below about 23-24 degrees. My Hirado Buntan survived without protection to 23 degrees, but this winter, it took heavy damage at 19-21 degrees even with protection, and the multiple days in the low to mid 20s didn't help either.

• alpharetta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Xentar,
    Thanks a lot for information of Harris Citrus. I also found Just Fruits and Exotics online nursery. I will work with both to getting further with my quest.

Best Regards
    Alpharetta

Here is a link that might be useful: Just Fruits and Exotics

• armandobosorio_gmail_com
    13 years ago

looking for pomelo tree from florida

• User
    13 years ago

hd can get you a five gallon for 39.00...record buck farms.

• amandaschee
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Sultry_jadmine_nights...Can I get their contact informations?