Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whgille

You are invited to the April garden party

whgille
10 years ago

Hello garden friends

Our spring get together will be Saturday April 12th at 11am. Hope to see you All!

I know that some of you are are coming to the party, to the ones that I don't know please let me know...we welcome everyone! old garden friends and new ones too.

Silvia

This post was edited by whgille on Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 5:59

Comments (49)

• morningloree
    10 years ago

I am sorry I missed last year, but this year, I will be there.

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Dawn

You are very welcome to the party, it is always a lot of fun! Looking forward to meet you.

Silvia

• User
    10 years ago

Can't wait! Always a good time, GOOD FOOD and great, lively conversation about gardening.........! Didn't do much propagating last fall, but sure we can find some interesting stuff to share. Now if I can just get there without getting lost again!

• inulover (9A Inverness, Florida)
    10 years ago

I will be there, too. Let me know when to get there if you need help.

Larry

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mark, it is always great to see you!!!, I get so much knowledge, you and Judy are the pros! And please don't get lost, this time we will have the phone available if anyone needs to call.

Larry, thank you for offering your help. I am looking forward to the party and see all the friends. We are 1 year older, we need an updated picture of us.:)

Silvia

• organic_elizabeth_b
    10 years ago

I am so sorry that I will be out of town at a surprise party for Bug Man Ronn.

We will miss you all, and wish you a fabulous spring garden season.

Last night we dined on Black Jungle beans, Roasted Turnips and Turnip greens from the garden. It made me think of you all!

Best Regards,

Elizabeth and Ronn

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Elizabeth

I was hoping to see you and Ronn this garden party, we will miss you, maybe next time you can come.

Your dinner sounds wonderful! everything fresh from the garden is better!

Silvia

• KaraLynn
    10 years ago

I will be there and hopefully be bringing my mom with me. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Kara

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Kara

That is great! I was just thinking about you, always learn something from you and hopefully your mom can come. Looking forward to the party and maybe you can bring the plant book? I am sure a lot of us like to browse...

Silvia

• User
    10 years ago

ok...food, pasta salad ok again.....been looking around the garden, should have a bunch, amazing what a little warmth does............M&J

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi M&J, pasta salad sounds very good! I will put my thinking cap and decide on some of the menu, I have few ideas already.

Hope to see you soon and share some good time with all the garden friends!

Silvia

• ibarbidahl
    10 years ago

Silvia-

I can't wait. I sure hope I'm feeling better by then. You always have the best get-togethers EVER!

Barbie

• User
    10 years ago

Have a whole wheel barrow of dragon fruit cuttings, huge amount , going in the trash . Can't kill them, let me know if anyone wants some.......gladly bring along.

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Barbie! Hope that you are already feeling better and can come, the success of the party involves seeing all the garden friends spending some fun time together and learning more about plants.

Hi Mark, please bring your cuttings! I am sure they will be a lot of interest. You have the magic touch!

Silvia

• vegasqueen
    10 years ago

Hi Silvia
    I will be there. Can't wait to see everyone and your wonderful garden.
    Maxine

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Maxine

I am glad that you are coming! it is always nice to see the garden friends again. Looking forward to the party!

Silvia

• User
    10 years ago

Wildflower festival in deland on the 29th of March, master gardeners sale on the 5th of April and your garden party on the 12th.......can't believe, 3 Saturdays off in a row and all plant friendly.......love it.....

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Same here, we are going to be green.:) this week 2 days the Leu, April 5-6 Winter Garden Bloom and Grow and then the party. It is a nice season for all of us plant lovers!

Silvia

• flowerglory
    10 years ago

Would love to come and meet all of the famous forum folks! I rarely post but love reading everyone's wisdom.

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Flowerglory

We always welcome new friends to our garden parties. Hope to meet you at our April get together.

Silvia

• Tom
    10 years ago

Going to miss the party again, darn it. We have a major soccer tournament that day. Seems that the same thing happened last year.

I'm going to try to make the Winter Garden plant sale.

• stpetegardener
    10 years ago

Silvia,

I am excited to say that Aaron and I will be attending you party again! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've caught up with you... but I'm now all settled in in Tallahassee and have even found a place to garden. I can not wait to catch up with you, your family, and the rest of the Florida GW community. I'll bring Kale Chips again :)

derek

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Tom

Sorry about you missing the party, I hope that you are feeling better with your back. Have fun at the soccer tournament.

Hi Derek!

That is the best news that I heard all day! I am so happy to see you and Aaron again, I miss you both but I am glad to hear that you are settled and gardening. Cannot wait for the party and nobody makes better kale chips than you do.
    The family are saying that if you like you can stay with us, you can come on Friday after work, you can also stay after the party. Let us know...

Silvia

• Truscifi
    10 years ago

I think I might actually be able to come this year, now that my little man is older. I don't have much to bring though, I haven't done a lot of gardening in the past year. Can I just bring a dish to contribute instead?

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Truscifi

You are welcome to come to the party and meet us all. It is fine if you don't have any plants to bring.
    I will be asking the guests to bring either a side dish, or an appetizer or something to drink.
    Looking forward to meet you!

Silvia

• garden_gal_fl (z10)
    10 years ago

I would love to come and meet all of you in person. I have been lurking for a few years and recently signed up.

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Garden Gal

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to meet you! We have a great group of gardeners and our garden parties are always fun.

Silvia

• stpetegardener
    10 years ago

Sylvia, thank you all so much for the offer. I spoke with Aaron and we think we'll be able to make it a day trip, so we'll likely not be staying. By the way, the purple snap peas you gave me are already almost 4 feet tall, very exciting! I'm working on putting together my plants for the swap, I'm going to have more ornamental this year but some herbs as well. Counting down the days... :-)

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Derek, we will be just happy to see you and Aaron and maybe next time you can stay...
    The last time that I saw you, you had a great assortment of herbs, good to know that you are still growing them.
    Ornamentals are always welcome, they are the decoration of the garden.
    Looking forward to the party and see old friends and meet new ones!

Silvia

• MariaTR
    10 years ago

Love to come, this will be my first.

Please send me an e-mail with your address.

I will be hosting my own on April 26th.

Thank you.

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Maria

Welcome to our April garden party! I sent you an email.

Silvia

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This a a reminder for those coming to the garden party, if you need the address please contact me through my email.
    Don't forget the garden swap, you can think out of the box for swapping items...
    A side dish or an appetizer will be welcome, or you can bring something to drink. There will be plenty of sweets at the house, is time for the banana harvest in my garden. And a gardener is bringing some sweet breads.
    Mark, I have all those garden tags that you brought last year, they will be very handy this time for id of the plants.
    See you all soon!

Silvia

• MariaTR
    10 years ago

Thank you Silvia for the invite.

I will surely be there and will bring a friend or my daughter with me.

Hope to see you soon.

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Maria, your friend will be welcome too. And if your daughter is older she can come. I am very careful not inviting children because I have 4 dogs.

Silvia

• User
    10 years ago

Five kittens here........any takers........:).......please.....

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

M, he is adorable! I hope that you get some good, loving homes for your kittens.

Silvia

• thonotorose
    10 years ago

I love hearing about the party and also the swap-a-que, but, alas, I cannot make either again. I am my 90 year old mother's caretaker and need to be here.

Have a great time, Everyone. Maybe in the fall.....

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi V, I hope that you can come and join us one day, it is always fun to meet the garden forum members, that makes for good memories!

Time is going fast! and this coming Saturday is the party, for those that need the address please send me an email...

Silvia

• User
    10 years ago

Off tomorrow, scouring the garden for plants, bigger stuff this time, but not as much. J & I made P. Salad today. Looking forward to seeing you guys.....M & J..........dragon Fruit was the only request......

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Mark&Judy! Looking forward to see you on Saturday, anything that you bring I know is going to be great, salad too.
    I hope that everyone likes what I am going to make, few things are already done, more to be finish tomorrow...And I know some people don't like spicy dishes so I will make them mild and for those that like the heat, there will be hot sauce on the side and for those that are vegetarians there will be something too.

For those that are coming the first time, here is the program:
    The guests start arriving at 11am, they get situated with the plants and the food that they are bringing, the back gate will be open for those that needed. Please try to label anything that you bring.

Group photo at 11.30

Lunch is from 12 to 1pm

Garden swap starts at 1pm.

Looking forward to Saturday!

Silvia

• Truscifi
    10 years ago

It seems I won't be able to come after all. Too many things going on that day. I'm so disappointed!

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone!

The address is 404 Macchi Ave, Oakland, FL 34787. The town is between Winter Garden and Clermont. If you are approaching from the Florida Turnpike (aka Ronald Reagan Turnpike), the exit is 272 for "Winter Garden." When you get off the highway you would go East towards Winter Garden. The first light East of the the exit is Tubbs St (aka 4th Street), you turn left at that intersection (you know it is the right one because there is a Chevron Gas Station). Then go to the first stop sign and make a right onto Oakland Ave. Then, a few blocks down go left on Winters Landing. Macchi Ave is the last street and you turn left again. The house is third from last on the street on the left.

For those of you coming from Deland, your best bet is taking 1-4 West, then 414 West, then 429 South. The exit off 429 is Exit 23 toward Winter Garden. When you get off the exit, you are going right (West) on Colonial Rd (aka Highway 50). Drive for 3.7 miles and turn right at 545/Avalon Road (there is a 7 eleven there), then turn left at the stop light onto Oakland Ave. You will go down for .7 miles and turn right onto Winters Landing. From there, go to the end and that is Macchi Road. Then you make a left onto Macchi and the house is the 3rd to last on the left hand side.

I hope these directions are helpful for you and I get to see everyone. Looking forward to celebrating Spring with all of you.

Barbie, I hope you see this since I can't reply to your email. I guess that you have to change your settings.

Silvia

• ibarbidahl
    10 years ago

Ah... Perfect! Thanks!!!

• morningloree
    10 years ago

I am labeling my plants today. Should I bring a crockpot with soup, or would something else be more appropriate?

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Barbie, I am glad that you saw this thread and that you are coming.
    Dawn, soup is always a good choice! Labeling the plants is also a good idea.
    It is going to be a fun day! See you all tomorrow at 11am.

Silvia

• User
    10 years ago

Somehow I believe those directions were for us.....only 1.5 hours late and almost in Tampa .......:). Thx. J's driving this time.....

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

M, cute cats and one is looking at me.:) I hope the directions help, I got worry the last time...I always have the family driving, I am very bad at directions,lol

And Doug was here today! it was so nice to see him and he left the peppers and the staghorn ferns for some lucky recipients, he didn't forget about us, Pam and Doug are going to be missed...hope that they can make it next party.

Silvia

• fairyblooms
    10 years ago

Hi Silvia.....I will be there too.....I'm very excited to attend my first garden party and to meet you too......:)

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good morning everyone

It is a beautiful day and soon we will have our get together, hope to see you all!

Silvia

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida