Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pnbrown

update on in-ground growing

pnbrown
10 years ago

Some photos of this winter's garden, which is doing pretty good due to such an unusual amount of rain plus a lot of mulch. N and K is being supplied by aged urine and worm casting tea.

Several southern types of multiplying onions that I obtained last year from a fellow who is attempting to collect all the historical southern cultivars - a super useful and impressive project (mustard spinach beyond):

Totally bug-free red cabbage (note the little sprouts coming on the one that was cut):

Kale has been growing very fast. The little bare spot in the mulch is where I am inter-seeding corn and beans to hopefully fill in as the kale gets ragged from heat:

More clumps of perennial onions and a row of potatoes growing in compost fortified with humate and azomite that we got from Edgewater. This stuff has turned out to be almost too rich, we are slowly working it in to the dirt beneath where the grass from a year ago has vanished. Pole bean cages are barely discernible beyond that:

Another row of potatoes in a less rich bed. Needs mulching on one side, I've been slacking I guess:

Comments (5)