Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marking underground lines in your yard

Posted by irma_stpete z9 FL (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 20:27

Phone company will replace my line soon. Their little flags mark where we agreed it will go. But I expect I will forget in coming years. Will make a paper map, of course, but wondering if any of you mark the path of line(s) in your yard - and if so, how.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marking underground lines in your yard

All of the low voltage lighting lines in my garden run under the stepping stones that form the pathways. Since I doubt I'll ever plant anything in the middle of a pathway, there's little chance for cutting a wire.

o
RE: Marking underground lines in your yard

Irma, any time I do something underground in my yard (or hire someone) - think irrigation system, cable tv lines, etc. - I take lots of photos throughout the process. Make sure to take as many far away as you do close up, so you have points of reference. Every time I have relocated a sprinkler head - and I have moved almost every single one since I've been here - I took lots of photos. Same with my valve boxes. Also, I recently had my irrigation meter removed and the irrigation supply reconnected to the house supply.

Also, last summer, the water main broke going into the next door neighbor's home connection. Of course, it is right next to mine, and the city utility company was out here for two days, half the time in my yard. Took lots and lots of photos of that process and what was "down under".

Same when the homes on either side of me were sold and a surveyor came and marked the property line. Lots of photos again. It's a good reference.

Carol in Jacksonville

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here