Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great deal on perennials!

Posted by rvird01 9a (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 12 at 21:07

I drove to Lowes on lunch to pick up some more seed for my huge flock of gold finches. Of course, I had to go through the nursery entrance :) Boy am I glad I did! They had several large racks full of their 1 gallon size Garden Club Select perennials that are normally $6 on clearance for $2. They are very healthy plants, lots of flowers and buds. Best part is that they are Spring and Summer bloomers. Not sure why they were on clearance. I bought 20 plants: delphiniums, African daisies, purple rose alstroemeria and Marguerite daisy. I was like a kid in a candy store. Oh, I also bought the birdseed. Hee Hee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great deal on perennials!

Woo-hoo! High five! That's a good haul. :)

Carol

o

• Posted by mboston 9a(fl)Lakleland (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 13:53

I bought two of the Daisies last Sat. for $2.50 at our Lowe's and planted this Monday. They were very root bound but still had lots of buds on them and were in good shape.
Sometimes I think they force them to bloom and once the flowers fail, they just want to get rid of them.

o

Thanks, I thought so too Carol :)

mboston, I can't get mine in the ground until Friday since it's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home, I can't wait to play in the dirt/sand! I think you're right, I think that a lot of customers are only interested in the blooming ones, and don't think about reblooming after cutting back or returning next year. I'll take a chance on clearance plants every time :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here