Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunniland nematode treatment

Posted by derbyka 10a (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 8:17

Has anyone ever tried this stuff? I bought some a week ago from a local nursery and had never heard of it before. It contains seasame oil and humid.acid...I feel like I notice a difference already, especially in younger plants but I did fertilized the same time so it's hard to tell. When I searched, there was an old post or two but not much feedback.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunniland nematode treatment

the reality is nothing much works very well that is available to the homeowner

o

I've been using it on my herb/veggie garden for about 3 years, and I've had a significant reduction in nematode damage to plants such as carrots. So seems to help, but is not a cure.

o

As with everybody, my main problem is tomatoes, but everything as well. Not expecting it to be a cure-all but hoping it can add to the arsenal to nurse everything along and maybe add to the soil in general since it encourages microbes.

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 7:35

Hi Derbika

The sunniland product for nematodes was recommend by Lukas nursery to be used on ornamentals like the butterfly bush, they told me that before planting they treat the area.
For the tomatoes, the best bet is fresh soil. The community garden was having problems with the nematodes till the last season that I recommended them that they should try them in pots inside the raised bed with always new soil, they liked the results.

Silvia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here