Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here comes the rainy season... finally!

Posted by fawnridge 10A (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 8:25

We are now 14 days without useful rain and temperatures in the low 90s. I have places in the garden with so many dead leaves that you can't see the pathways. But it looks like that's about to change. Hooray!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here comes the rainy season... finally!

Yep, I took the forecast as a sign to get some of my newer plants in the ground. Nothing quite like good ol' natural rain for helping plants get established.

o

Evidently, folks up in your state's panhandle are well watered at this time!

+oM

o

• Posted by L_in_FL 8B/9A Border, NW FL (My Page) on
    Fri, May 2, 14 at 14:58

We are more than well-watered, thanks! You're welcome to the rain for a while.

I am just happy that my lot is high and dry. Folks in low-lying areas got flooded, dirt roads were washed out, and there was quite a bit of street flooding in the city.

But the poor folks in Pensacola got hammered with twice as much rain as we did. The flooding over there is awful; it looks like the kind of flooding they get after a hurricane. Some of the major roads and bridges are completely washed out, too. I feel bad for them, and hope they can recover quickly.

o

First day we've seen full sun in almost a week.

The rainy season is usually a few weeks from now. I can remember years not getting any rain in May at all. Not this year.

o

I've really enjoyed the 4.5" of rain I received on Tues and Saturday...but unfortunately my rainy season is not for another 6-7 more weeks...usually the third week of June :o(

But, having said that I've enjoyed these occasional storms that breeze in here once in a while this last several weeks...its much appreciated rain since Spring is normally very dry around here...

o

It rained a bit yesterday afternoon but nothing today in SW Broward.

o

I got an inch in Lee co. Rainy season wont hit us for a while yet.

o

Those 3.5" of rain I received last Saturday is now a distant memory lol...looking at the yard it doesn't seem like it rained that much :o(

Looking forward to the rainy season...

o

Well, that rain missed us except for a few brief showers. Since then, nothing but a fast-moving thunderstorm the other night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here