• Truscifi
    11 years ago

lol

• abnorm
    11 years ago

My First Sungold April 1

• User
    11 years ago

J ate the first tomato of the year on a sanwich today! thanks to silvia's fall garden party! protected this all winter, some german black? not a veggies person, but good tomato! thanks silvia!!!!

• whgille
    11 years ago

I am amazed at all the ripe tomatoes!

Good April's fools Leekle, made me look.:)

Doug, that is a nice sungold, first in the season, that is good! A lot of my tomatoes have fruit, not ripe yet.

Mark, that is some juicy tomato! and you did all the work protecting it from the cold and made J happy! I guess it was all worth it.

Looking forward to the party!

Silvia

• rene09
    11 years ago

I have had tomatoes almost all winter & more ripening every day!!!

• rene09
    11 years ago

I have had tomatoes almost all winter & more ripening every day!!!

• happy_fl_gardener; 9a, near DeLand
    11 years ago

"Made you look" --- Made me laugh!!! Good April Fool's trick.

Mark - I'm so impressed from a person that doesn't grow many edibles. The tomato does look great.

I'm getting lots of little tomatoes too. That cold snap of getting down to 37 degrees for two nights last week didn't help.

Christine

• L_in_FL
    11 years ago

I just saw my first open tomato blossom this afternoon. Nearly all of my other tomato plants have flower buds on them. Now I'll be out there every day (maybe several times a day!) looking for any baby fruit, even though I know it'll be 3-5 days after a blossom opens before I can tell whether a fruit has set.

• saldut
    11 years ago

I've got lots of green but no ripe yet, except for the Everglades...they just keep going, like the bunny! sally

• Michael AKA Leekle2ManE
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It was a joke people!

But since we're sharing, I actually do have some tomatoes coming along.

First are my romas:

{{gwi:834676}}

I have four bushes of these growing and they're all performing quite admirably, though they don't seem to take the heat very well. I did have them along the south side of my house, but they were getting wilted by 11 am. So I moved them to the west side of my lanai. This means they get the afternoon sun instead of the morning sun, but there are no good spots in my yard for doing it the other way, but they seem to like it better here.

Next, my Sweeties:

{{gwi:834678}}

I only have one of these growing. The other four are over at my mother's. Somehow when I divided up my plants and sent her four, I managed to keep all the romas to myself and send almost all of my sweeties to her. This one actually does have four fruit on it, but they are well hidden inside the foliage and wouldn't really pose for me. So I panned out and took a picture of all the blossoms it currently has instead.

• apapjim
    11 years ago

Mark, that is one wierd looking tomato, but blacks seem to rule when it comes to flavor.

Silvia, got any more of those seeds? I've got to try a black!

Papa Jim

• whgille
    11 years ago

Papa Jim

I don't remember giving Mark that tomato but I have some favorite blacks and purples. Willy does prefer black tomatoes over any variety and I always grow some for the community gardens. I will have some black tomato seeds for you when you come to the party and maybe they will be your favorite too.:)

Last season's tomatoes, some black ones there...

Silvia

• bamboo_rabbit
    11 years ago

I have been eating ripe tomatoes right along.....picture from last week.

• User
    11 years ago

Came home with it from your party, lucky me & j.....! Have two more ripening in the window, seeds? Let them rot and get the seeds? Gladly bring them to the swap! Killer rain tonight! 100 lbs. of black cow on the bamboo....perfect!

• whgille
    11 years ago

Mark, yes! bring the tomato seeds for us, I will try it in my next season...What a rain we had, wow! 100 lbs of black cow, your garden is going to look more beautiful and productive that it already is.

Bamboo, nice looking set up! I am sure that you are enjoying your tomatoes, last winter I grew some in the greenhouse, they were good but this winter I was just too busy...

Silvia

• bamboo_rabbit
    11 years ago

Silvia,

I said I was enjoying them:) They are not mine though. Friend has a hot house and sells them and I steal a few.