Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karalynn_gw

Had a great weekend in the garden!

KaraLynn
10 years ago

This past weekend was great for working in the garden and I got quite a bit accomplished! I helped my parents thin out some of their plants in the front and back gardens and now have quite a few pots of cigar plants (cuphea), louisiana iris, and four o'clocks sitting out back in my holding area as well as a large mound of orange canna. A nice addition to to other plants I'm setting aside to sell for my bathroom remodel fund. Gotta get the remodeling money somewhere! lol

I finally split up the huge pot of blue flag iris and it's now sitting in a kiddy pool out in the sun so hopefully it will bloom next year. Spent some time cleaning up the side flower bed and it's almost ready for me to start putting in the new rock edging with larger rocks then what was there before.

Tavi the kitten spent a great deal of time out in the garden with me on her 20 foot lead. She had a blast exploring around the crape myrtle, getting tangled up in the pots making me stop weeding to untangle her, and digging in the dirt. I don't know if she just really likes dirt or if she plays with it because she sees me doing it but she really likes to dig!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend too!

Kara

Comments (3)

• KaraLynn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And here's Tavi taking a break right where I'm trying to work!

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

Hi Kara!

Sounds like you did a ton of work! I also did some thinning of my parents' plants - we took out a 30-year-old crinum and got more room in their garden. Like 10 square feet! Then they had a huge stand of Giant Liriope and I took much of that home with me for my garden.

I also took home a back ache, but that didn't stop me from working out in the yard more today!

So since you show Tavi helping out, I thought I'd show Rosie checking out the Blue Flags
    (this is an old picture)

• KaraLynn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Our cats sure do like to spend time with us when we're out in the garden don't they? Rosie is a real cutie!

You may have ended up with a backache but it sounds like you went home richer in plants!

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!