16 years ago

Have you visited yet?

Take a stroll around!

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/slideshow/563109001EqCTZE

Comments (16)

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Direct link: Goldenpond's Epcot pictures

If you want to make it easy for a viewer to get to your pictures or to any web location with one click, you can either paste it into the "Optional Link URL:" space or you can put it into the body of the message, like I did above. To do that you type the following, but type in the "" symbols, where I put in ( and ) symbols.

(a href=the web site url address) Name of the Site (/a)

So for the link to the Epcot pictures it would be:
    (a href=http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/slideshow/563109001EqCTZE) Goldenpond's Epcot pictures (/a)

When you click on "Preview Message", it will turn your typing into a link. I don't think I left anything out but if that doesn't make sense, let me know.

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Oh, what I meant to say before I submitted the message was that your pictures are wonderful. I was out there on Sunday and thought everything looked great this year. I love it that you included a photo of Lady and the Tramp; her ears are so perfect, aren't they?

If anyone can ID the bromeliad in the picture with the stone/mosaic cat, please let us know what it is. I've never seen one with a red/white/blue flower like that!

Kate

• pineapplehouse
    16 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Those are really nice pictures - I enjoyed the slide show and am motivated to try and make it to Epcot soon. By the way, what is the purple vine on the arbor in pic 075?

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It was a Queens Wreath(Petrea)also called sandpaper vine They also had a white that I never knew existed.If you look really hard it is in the shady area

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Really great photo's, thanks for sharing.

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Much prettier in real life but thanks

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    16 years ago

Thanks for the photo tour. What a fantastic place! I love the grass and flowers on the roof. And Lady's ears!!!

~Betsy

• ariel73
    16 years ago

What great pictures. It is amazing how creative they are. And I agree, Lady's ear are fantastic!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Ariel

• nativemel
    16 years ago

Could someone please post the names of the various flowers shown in the foreground in picture 5 of 42? I would like to try to recreate something with those colors in my yard. I'm clueless about flowers.

Solstice - thanks for the instructions, those are very helpful!

• solstice98
    16 years ago

Nativemel: It is breathtaking, isn't it? We decided these beds along the walkway were as pretty as we have ever seen them and we've been going for years. I'm pretty sure the fuzzy blue flower is argeratum. There are gerbera daisies mixed in (that's the large daisy-shaped flowers in various bright colors). Maybe some cape daisy (the smaller yellow ones)?

Keep in mind that Disney will change out the flowers in this bed once the festival is over. These are great flowers for Florida's Spring but won't be this pretty when the summer heat & daily rain start. It's not easy to achieve this look in a home garden - at least not all year long. If you use perennials for the basis of your bed, but then mix in some annuals for seasonal color (and change them out 2 or 3 times a year) you can get close though.

We saw huge beds with hundreds of bromeliads all around the Epcot globe and noticed that each plant was still in it's own pot. All they need to do when they change over a bed is pull up the pots, scrape back the mulch, set down pots of a different plant and re-spread the mulch. A fresh sprinkle of mulch on top and it once again looks like a garden at peak performance. The broms probably go back to a greenhouse to wait for next year's display.

Kate

• nativemel
    16 years ago

Solstice - that's the same thing they do at the group of office buildings where I work, hide the pots under fresh mulch, routinely rip out the pots and replace when the flowers are no longer fresh. Except I know these landscapers don't reuse the plants. At least I hope they use them for compost.

• douglasls
    15 years ago

Does anyone have the instructions from Epcot on how to make the floating flowers? We were their this spring and I got a copy of the directions, but now I seem to have lost them.
    Lisa

• patiogardener3
    15 years ago

Hi All!
    Solstice98, that pretty blue bromeliad by the cat I believe is Aechmea Del Mar, one of my favorites! There is also Aechmea 'Blue Tango', which basically looks the same but is bigger.
    Wonderful pictures of Epcot, makes me wonder why I haven't gone yet??

• barbcoleus
    15 years ago

Wonderful photos --thanks for sharing.

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    15 years ago

douglasls do you mean the floating plant islands? I know they were selling them in the building.

• Robin
    15 years ago

{{gwi:839620}}