Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Burning in the garden

Posted by gardencraze 9b winter garden FL (cmcginnis3@cfl.rr.com) on
Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 13:54

I just dicovered this, all of my vegies seem to be burning in a wierd way.Beans,peppers,basil,zukini,herbs all seem to have leaves that look like someone scorched the edges and they kinda turn gray.
I don't fertilize w/chems I use cow manure,horse manure or mushroom compost.
everything looked just great till a few days ago and today it was really bad.
I hope I don't loose it all after all that hard work. All of my plants are in bloom and fruiting

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Sorry I don't have pics
Carmen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Burning in the garden

• Posted by katkin 9b/10a PSL,Fl (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 14:23

Even cow manure and horse mature can burn plants if it's not dried enough or so I was told.

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 14:40

Carmen, I am very sorry about your garden. If after proper sanitation and an organic schedule of organic fungicides does not help, you can try to contact the Extension Service to see if they know the cause and they can help, hope that your garden gets better...

Silvia

o

More of a question than answer but...

Could it be that the couple mornings that it dropped into the 40Fs combined with the low humidity high winds stressed them just a little?

o

I think it could be the wind too. My tomatoes developed purple/blackish tints to the leaves from the wind.

o

chuggerguy and amberose I think you may be right. I also was reading and article about the solar flair being very high last week.

Who knows I trying a couple of sugestions from pro's, see what happens.
Thakn you all for your help
Carmen

o

It's the dryness and wind. Having same issue.

o

def dryness and wind, coupled with the heat. The leaves are wilting much quicker as the recent wings have been sucking up the moisture.

Is it happening mostly on the bottom sets of leaves?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here