Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stpetegardener

Kale Chip Recipe

stpetegardener
10 years ago

As promised here is my kale chip recipe that I served at Silvia's wonderful party. If you don't have all the ingredients or are feeling creative you can change almost any of them within reason. Hope you enjoy!

3 cloves garlic
1-2 tbs soy sauce
1/4 - 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 30 minutes
2 tbs siracha
pinch hot pepper flakes
1/4 - 1/2 cup dried onion/shallot flakes
3 - 4 limes
1 1/4 cup water
1 - 2 tsp miso

So first you get a whole bunch of kale, if from the store maybe 2-3 bunches. Rip into chip size & take out the stem. With your bare hands, drizzle kale with olive oil & juice of 1 lime (or any citrus) and firmly massage (squeeze) the kale for a few minutes, till it is all covered in oil, dark in color & soft. Let it sit while you make your sauce.

Drain the cashews and add them as well as all of the other ingredients into a blender & blend. Pour this sauce over your kale & massage it in so that each piece is coated with the sauce.

If you have a dehydrator, cover your try in plastic wrap and put on a flat layer of saucy kale, use as many trays as it takes to use all the kale. Set the temp at 115 and dehydrate for 6 hours or overnight.

If you do not have a dehydrator turn your oven on to it's lowest temperature, I have not done it this way so you will have to keep an eye on the kale to make sure it doesn't burn. One web site says to do it at 300 degrees for about 30 minutes. Don't hesitate to pull the kale out & try it, if it's not done it will be a little soft and taste like raw broccoli.

Good luck! These are seriously addicting

Comments (9)