Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
giants_2007

Garden Pics

giants_2007
14 years ago

I know I don't post much but I read just about all posts Here are a few pics of my garden. Like most I lost all my Veggies to the freeze and got a late start with second planting Mid Feb.It is 12x20 small and some pics of a few of my fig trees just starting to leaf out.

Sal

Comments (18)

• tomncath
    14 years ago

Very nice Sal, most of my stuff is starting to burn up already. Looks like made a good recovery.

Tom

• stuartwanda
    14 years ago

Is that first pic. Fennel? Nice pictures!

• whgille
    14 years ago

Hi Sal

You have a green thumb! Congratulations, everything is looking good!

Tell us more about your veggies, what varieties are you growing and why? I like to hear veggie and fruit stories.

Figs are looking nice and I like the pots, I had fruit in some of mine the Marseilles and Negronne.

Happy harvesting!

Silvia

• User
    14 years ago

that is really nice......!

• giants_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks to all
    Tom it does face south but somewhat shaded from house and bird cage lol
    Stuart Wanda Yes fennel
    OK Silvia, You are going to OWE Me Big Time Lol just Kidding, Different lettuce, I like arugula the wife no, radishes dono varieties HD special pack, Bright Lights Swiss chard, Black beauty zucchini, black beauty eggplant, burp less cukes, bush cukes, bush beans, Kentucky Wonder, Peas from Italy, Tomatoes mix variety nothing special as It was to late for me to start from seed, Onions bulb mix Red, Vidalia, and Texas, some garlic and strawberries that feed the figging Rabbits along with the salad items and no I don't like Rabbits unless they are Cooked and in sauce, and a few different fig varieties which I won't get into lol OK that was the few Varieties ( I will hit you up for seeds for next year) nothing like your garden but thanks.
    For the Why? Because I LIVE to EAT and not EAT to LIVE
    SO what I'M FAT
    Sal

• countrynest
    14 years ago

Hey,Sal,
    All looks great. Fresh vegetables are great. We are eating salads and greens from our garden every day. Besides the health aspect and all,we have saved so much money on what we grow.
    Congrats!
    Felix

• izharhaq
    14 years ago

very nice... plants are looking so full and green...

• katkin_gw
    14 years ago

Hi Sal, everything looks so healthy. Great photos. We still need to get together. :o)

• an_ill-mannered_ache
    14 years ago

impressive, esp the peas, since mine were a total failure this year. need to find a new variety...

• whgille
    14 years ago

Sal, you are so funny!!! you had me laughing and don't worry I am fat too, so join the club, lol.

You have a nice variety of veggies growing and whenever you are ready I can send you a smorgasbord of seeds.

Now, more for your interest, do you have a col de dame fig? remember Dan recommended as a late season fig? If you don't have it I can send you a cutting, let me know and send me your address.

Silvia

• giants_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks again
    Kathy maybe if Silvia makes it down we can get together that would be great If not you have my # so we can meet.
    Go G Men(HA Ha) Duffy's was great to us you should really tell hubby to check it out great group of guys and gals
    Silvia you are to kind and I sent you an e mail hope to get together this season (Football or Not)
    Sal

• giants_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just wanted to share in just 4-5 days it seems like my garden exploded with growth. I was looking at this post while sitting outside this morning a noticed a difference in pics I took yesterday. The eggplant are starting to grow and the toms put on a foot of height it seems the cucs have really taken off and the zucchini plants are taken over the one corner along with cucs running rampant ;o) my fig trees are starting to put on growth also.
    http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=4677877

• whgille
    14 years ago

Hi Sal

I am glad that your garden is producing well, do you like to cook? I always like to share recipes with newbies or experienced cooks, the fun comes serving the produce from your own garden.

And I love eggplant, anything grilled is delicious, beans, eggplant, zucchini.

I made this morning a swiss chard fritatta with strawberry juice and strawberry bread, have to use what it is in season.:)

Silvia

• giants_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Silvia I love to cook My wife is so darn picky when it comes to stuff she hasn't tried or recognizes. I usually cook b-4 she comes home and don't tell her what I did till later. I made pasta with fennel tops and toped with toasted bread crumbs and of course grated cheese she loved it and made it 3 more times since. I also made frittata with the zucchini and flowers Oh so good. We had Swiss Chard last night she has never tried and liked it. So yes I cook when allowed or on the sneek.When we went to Italy I would order at times since she doesn't speak Italian She ate rabbit and loved it until she found out Me and the waiter were laughing our buts off me not so much after we got back to hotel Another time I ordered Goat tail I think, it was prepared so well melted in your mouth That was almost grounds for Divorce. Her mom is even worse She refuses to try any thing different so I tell her what I'm making and boom don't have to have them over What a beautiful thing at times :o)....LMAO Couldn't get her to try horse That was even hard for me and I passed(Mr ED came to mind) plus the waiter made a horse sound so no go
    Sal

• giants_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just couldn't resist

Sal

• giants_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Shoot I looked at pics after I posted. What a Geek, I don't look like a tourist DO I? I wish there was an edit function here. GW CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW??????? Edit
    Sal

• whgille
    14 years ago

Sal,

It is so nice to see you! Pretty wife! And I am on her side I don't try meats I don't know either, I am adventurous with veggies and fruits only, lol.

I guess that you were in the Islands recently, and love the Italy pictures.

And I can not post my picture I look like a monster, lol You will not want to be my friend anymore, but I will post the picture of my daughter, she went to Vegas recently and took this pictures. She studied in Italy and she learned how to cook from the Italian Ladies at the market.

Here are some Vegas pictures,

Sal, you sound like a lot of fun!!!

Silvia

• giants_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Those are some beautiful pics in Vegas. Your daughter looks lovely I remember you saying she studied in Italy that must have been an awesome experience. I love to meet people from around the world their perspective of life and how to live is interesting to me.
    Sal