Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
colorful, pretty faces--photo heavy

Posted by marcia_pa5 PA5_FL9b S.SarasotaC (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 16:37

I'm enjoying my flowering plants this spring. Some have just a few flowers, some have many, but I like to photograph them up close!
Marcia

bleeding heart vine

and the purple bleeding heart vine

a houseplant I brought down from the north that hangs under an oak tree, hoya in flower

my favorite color bougainvillea

The powderpuff bush is huge and the bees love it. It's just starting to bloom now but will bloom all summer and into the winter. I should cut it way back.

I just planted the jatropha this spring, so I'll see how it does.

Torenia, a hanging plant I got from Lowe's clearance rack.

I love the color of this rose, Pat Austin, although the blooms hate the heat and wilt by afternoon.

Cape honeysuckle that dies back in cold weather but returns when it warms up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: colorful, pretty faces--photo heavy

Oh, what pretty flowers you have Marcia.

Linda Leaf

o

• Posted by karalynn z9 FL, Inverness, Ci (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 8:24

Beautiful!

o

Marcia, wow! For a girl that is only here for half a year, you have some gorgeous flowers!

Carol in Jacksonville

o

Thanks for the nice comments!

Carol, we've been here for 6 winters now. I'm afraid I made the same mistake here that I did in PA--my garden is too big! I thought with less than a quarter acre, I could manage my impulses, but nope!

I am surprised how well some things manage over the summer without any attention. Now, if I could only find someone to keep after the weeds while we're away!
Marcia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here