Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silvia's Party - aftermath

Posted by inulover 9A Inverness (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 12 at 17:04

That darned Silvia. I've been digging and hauling, and planting ever since I got home. I'm more than pooped.

What wonderful people, our host and hostess, to let us into their home today. I took away lots of ideas from Silvia's raised beds.

And to all the garden web people I met, Thank you. I took away lots of information and far more plants than I deserve. I hope to meet you all again.

Larry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silvia's Party - aftermath

I wish I lived closer! Please send pictures of Silvia's place!

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 14, 12 at 20:18

Hi Larry, I am glad that you came and hope that all the plantings do well for you. Keep us posted on your progress and next time that we meet, you will be a very experienced Florida gardener.

Hi Zackey, I posted some pictures for all the gardeners that could not come to the party.

Silvia

o

I had to move a 4X4 raised bed to accommodate my new banana (thanks to Tina). The bed frame is moving to the other side of the yard, where it will be loaded with new dirt and Silvia's sweet potato slips.
Photobucket

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 14:02

Looking good Larry, I'm sure Tina will be along soon to see what you've done with her nanner plant ;-)

Tom

o

Tom - What's the story on the Red Limes? I'm thinking that they need to spend some time in a pot before going into the ground? How big a pot and how long? How many years before these little jewels make fruits?

Those were red limes on the counter by the salads? I was going to try them, but I ran out of stomach capacity.
Larry

o

Very nice, Larry! Thanks for taking a photo!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here