Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Treating anthracnose on mango tree?

Posted by sk8vonfixess (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 19:23

what do i use on the mango buds/flowers for anthracnose?
i know u can use copper fungicide on the leaves but the flowers are more sensitive. so what should i use?

this is a very small young grafted mango

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Treating anthracnose on mango tree?

Depending on the Brand you are using? I've used Southern Ag Liquid Copper Fungicide and for Mango and here's what it says:

"Mangos Anthracnose 4 tsp. to one Gallon of water Apply at 30 day intervals from the time the pannicles are 2 inches high until all fruits are set until August"

It sounds like you can spray the blooms with it as long as you do only once a month...When in doubt Contact the Company of the (Brand) of the product you are using....they are usually very helpful and should be able to tell you "if" its safe to spray the Booms/Flowers...a lot of times its best not to spray the blooms or else the bees won't pollinate them...Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern Ag LIquid Copper Fungicide Label

o

alright thanks. another problem now is how safe that stuff is to use indoors. i got this thing potted

o

DO NOT DO IT INSIDE. YOU WILL BE SORRY!

o

Not because it's toxic to you, but because it will end up staining your walls, carpet, tile grout, and everything else blue.

o

woo. i read up on that. so i got neem oil instead, its a natural fungicide/pesticide.. so i sprayed the buds and leaves with the 90% neem oil and then ended up putting it outside lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here