Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whgille

Tampa friends, gardens and more...

whgille
11 years ago

What a great day we had! First we visited Derek and Aaron, their garden is packed, they had such an abundance of veggies and fruit, they are doing a great job!

Second stop was Tom's garden, he is been so busy but his garden looks better than the pictures that I have seen, tons of tomatoes everywhere and his formal plantings are beautiful too.

Love Cathy's orchids

All of us at the Green Thumb festival

We also went to the Sunken Gardens and it was beautiful!

And after that we had a wonderful meal together, thank you Tom!

Silvia

Comments (7)

• tomncath
    11 years ago

Sure was fun Silvia, we can't wait to do it again! Next time we'll do Weedon Island, the

at Raymond James and maybe Selby Gardens if we plan accordingly.... ;-)

Tom

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    11 years ago

Syliva, wow, what great pictures! Thanks for sharing them!

Tom, your flowers are beautiful - are those tall, red pentas? Look great!

I bet Green Thumb was terrific. Sure wish I lived closer!

Carol in Jacksonville

• tomncath
    11 years ago

Tom, your flowers are beautiful - are those tall, red pentas? Look great!

Hi Carol, yes, those are the tall red pentas, I have the tall pink too but they are not getting enough water from the sprinklers now since I capped one of the heads, I'll fix that next weekend hopefully.

I bet Green Thumb was terrific. Sure wish I lived closer!

Green Thumb was fun since we didn't get there til 12:30 P.M. Much more civil than the doorbuster get-out-of-my-way-or-else crowds at 08:00 the first day. :-)

Why don't you plan to come down next year? Make a weekend of it and stay with us....

Tom

• whgille
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Carol, you should come and meet us some day, it is a lot of fun to be with friends that love to garden.

Tom, we look forward to our next adventure visiting you, it is a great way to spend the day, what a great time that we had!

And here are some images from the blueberry festival in Tampa, for those of you that don't know about it, last week Cheryl and I went to pick the best blueberries and I made jams and breads, Cheryl made pies and Saturday she entered a contest for blueberries recipes, she came home with the second prize and a case of wines, prize was good and it was well worth it.

Silvia

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    11 years ago

Wow, you guys are so kind and that would be so much fun! Thank you for the invitation! I would love that. Let's talk next spring and see what everyone is doing. Maybe Sylvia can hold the garden party the same weekend? I have lots to share. I am not a Wallisadi but I could be his shirt-tail cousin with all my plants.

Sylvia, Cheryl looks so cute with her wine and her ribbon. I bet your pie was to die for. Congratulations to you both!

Carol in Jax

• whgille
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Carol, that will be great if you can make it for the Tampa visit and the garden party, we will have fun!

Thank you for your nice comments about Cheryl, she loves to make pies and this is the first time that she enter in a competition, we are enjoying the wines now, 14 different kinds and one blueberry included. Tomorrow we will be picking more blueberries and today I made the best turkey/zucchini meatballs ever! if there is a competition for zucchini recipes, I will enter that one.:)

This is the pie

Silvia

• tomncath
    11 years ago

Carol, I CAN attest to the fact that Silvia's and Cheryl's pies are TO DIE FOR! Pure ambrosia :-)

Tom

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz