Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loufloralcityz9

A nice 2+ hour long rain last evening

loufloralcityz9
10 years ago

The rain started at 7:10PM and finally stopped at 9:30PM. My rain gauge this morning shows that over a 1/4 inch of nice easy soaking rain fell here.

Lou

Comments (12)

• thetradition
    10 years ago

Nothing for me yesterday, but we've had some passing showers today. Not really enough to do anything, but it's a start.

• bamboo_rabbit
    10 years ago

I said it privately in an email and will say it publicly here..Lou, I hate you. We are 6 freaking miles apart and not a drop here.

• inulover (9A Inverness, Florida)
    10 years ago

I'll have to agree, Mr. Rabbit. We had lunch in Bushnel yesterday, Mexican, at what may be the best such restaurant in Citrus county. We admired the building cloud deck all the way home, through Floral City and up 41. Alas, it was all promise. We had nary a drop yesterday. Today, maybe. It looks like it wants to try.

Did you two see about Karas party idea? I wouldn't mind at all meeting the blueberry kings. Maybe you could convince me that they are half the fruit that Huckleberries are.

Larry

• whgille
    10 years ago

I didn't hear any rain last night, but today we had a nice shower! I didn't have to water half of the garden since the other half was already done.:)

Silvia

• cocoabeachlorax
    10 years ago

Sigh, maybe 1/64th of an inch in a passing "spit" not a shower, not a sprinkle.

I'm envious, so very envious.

I bought a rain barrel today. Our first. We already irrigate with reclaimed water, but this will help supplementing when I water the patio potted plants.

I think I'll buy another if there's enough room to hook the two together.

Although if it keeps like this, it will just be a big, brown, plastic barrel good for nothing better than giving the lizards a place to fight for territory over.

• aharriedmom
    10 years ago

I join the ranks of those jealous of the rain!

Heck, I'd even settle for a good cloud cover from noon until about 6pm. The sun is brutal (sadly, I do realize it's just going to get worse).

• bamboo_rabbit
    10 years ago

I bought a rain gauge..installed it today, maybe that will bring the rain:)

• amberroses
    10 years ago

Yesterday we got almost an inch of rain after months without any. I'm doing a happy dance. Right now it's raining in the front yard, but not in the back.

• saldut
    10 years ago

Never mind the 'rain dance'.. just hang some laundry out there!! sally

• Rhonda
    10 years ago

I'm jealous too! It always rains around us but always seems to miss us. It gets dark and windy and I get excited and nothing!! I can drive home from work in torretial rain all the way and get to the end of our road and it is bone dry. Mother Nature is playing with me again tonight...strong winds, dark clouds, thunder in the distance but nothing yet :(

• thetradition
    10 years ago

Quick downpour here this morning. Welcome, but I'd rather have it rain more lightly for a longer period of time.

• Chaoticdreams
    10 years ago

So jealous here too. Yesterday teased with puffy gray clouds over blue sky and a bit of wind, but not a drop. The weekend isn't looking hopeful either.