Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomncath

Jeannie Moragne is blooming :-)

tomncath
11 years ago

I should have cut it back but didn't and when I saw the blooms coming out it was too late :-( :-)

Tom

And this purple vanda is blooming for the third time in the last year :-)

Comments (14)

• Minderella
    11 years ago

Tom,

Did you buy your plumeria close by or did you send away for it online? Where did you buy it from?
    Thank You, Mindy

• whgille
    11 years ago

Very pretty Tom!
    The ones that I have in pots are also blooming.

Silvia

• tomncath
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Mindy, I bought a potted plant locally about 10 years ago, gave away sticks at Lori's swap last year and the year before but I didn't take any for the recent party because as I said, it was already getting ready to bloom.

Tom

• tomncath
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Silvia, this one is in the ground now, obviously. I get virtually no frost so it has done well here. I'm sure you have to keep you're in pots so you can protect them from the cold, right? Post some pictures ;-)

Mindy, send me an email.

Tom

• whgille
    11 years ago

Hi Tom

I don't know how plumerias will do in the ground for me without cold protection.

The ones that I have are no name from Hawaii that Willy bought as sticks at the airport.

I thought they were still blooming but they are already done.

Silvia

• zzackey
    11 years ago

Very pretty! I love your Vanda! I used to sell them at a nursery I worked at. I have plumeria in my greenhouse that I got at a garden club swap. It is only about 18" tall. I have no idea what color it is.

• tomncath
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pictures today:

Okay, the last one is a ringer, it's an Intense Rainbow adjacent to JM ;-)

Tom

• whgille
    11 years ago

Hi Tom

Your plumerias look beautiful!

Silvia

• c9pilot
    11 years ago

Hmmm...that last one looks very familiar...perhaps because its baby is blooming in my front yard?

• tomncath
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Silvia, I've given away a couple hundred sticks to this one but have no idea how anyone is doing with it, hybrids can sure be finicky.

Hi C9, glad to know the Intense Rainbow survived and is doing well. Post a picture if you can.

Tom

• natives_and_veggies
    11 years ago

What makes the difference for plumerias? I have two in the front yard - a pink and a yellow and most years, they're not terribly impressive. Last year, the pink was simply covered with flowers. And it seemed like everyone in Miami had plumerias. Many I hadn't noticed before because they just weren't terribly showy. But something about last year really made them all happy.

• tomncath
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I sure couldn't say Susie, I love these things but know very little about their optimal needs. I just had the oak trees trimmed to get more summer sun to this area and they definitely seem happier though.

Tom

• natives_and_veggies
    11 years ago

I'm becoming convinced that their needs have more to do with climate than anything I could do for them, simply because no one's plumerias look like much down here this year. Wonder if they need a winter colder than this one, but not too cold? Last year, my next door neighbor asked me when I had put in the beautiful little tree - she was stunned when I said it had been there for several years. It just hadn't been that beautiful.

• annafl
    11 years ago

Looks beautiful Tom. Love the colors.

Anna