Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Going out of business sale - Manatee

Posted by irma_stpete z9 FL (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 12:33

Below info is from my neighborhood tom-tom. Have any of you been to this? Supposedly, they have plenty left and will be open next weekend (May 30-June 2).

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/grd/3008155903.html
Sample prices:
Trees � many 5� & taller - $20 each / 2 for $30
3 gallon pots � 3 for $10
1 gallon pots � 8 for $10

Date: 2012-05-25, 12:28PM EDT

SALE CONTINUES UNTIL EVERYTHING IS GONE! CASH and CARRY.

SEVEN ACRES of Landscape Materials. Trees, BAMBOO, Shrubs, Natives, Bedding Plants, Palms, Blueberries.

Landscape Boulders, various sizes. $25 - $75 Bring a truck (and/or trailer) and some muscle.

Wednesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Seven 2 seven, 4 one 5, zero 3 zero 2. No after-hours calls please.

6205 16th Avenue East, Palmetto, FL. 34221

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Going out of business sale - Manatee

Accent Nursery - this breaks my heart. Bought a lot of stuff from them over the past few years. Fiddlewood, duranta, jamaica caper, buttonwood, ligustrum, cassia, irises, passion flower, etc.

It was starting to look tired the last time I was there, so some of the plants may need to be rejuvenated. Lots of variety - natives and some exotics.

Very likely to be a crowd - every time they had a sale it was crowded.

If my place wasn't full. I'd be there. Leslie was a great help to me when I was starting out - I wish her the best in the future.

o

Tomorrow through Saturday (bump!)

o

Irma, that was nice of you to post this. What is a "neighborhood tom-tom"? I researched the term, of course, but could only come up with GPS and drum meanings.

Thanks for the edumacation,
Carol

o

Wow...there's some really NICE jades and succulents I wouldn't mind getting my hands on. Its a 3 1/2 hour drive for me R/T or I would go. Some really pretty Jades...its a shame I won't be able to take advantage of it. Wonder if they would ship me a couple of them,lol...

Thanks for posting Irma!

o

I went today at 11am. They were not busy. The woman owner (seller) was there and very helpful. Spent more than I had planned, of course. So much is left. They think will be open next weekend, too. I got Brugmansias, firebushes (see my separate thread/question) they had both types and 2 sizes 8 for $10 and 3 for $10), succulents, yellow bulbines, saucers for bird/butterfly baths, a petrea blooming, and, for $5, a Mary L. Proctor (http://www.missionarymary.com) delightful, small tin cutout of a dancing blue frog reading, "Let a little mercy in my garden". Inside, are a few antiques, collectibles, large rusty iron furniture ($125, up but maybe were pre-sale prices), for $25 a large colorful Mexican ceramic wall scounce I guess for fitting with an electric light - seems perfect condition - an unusual bargain), plus odd & ends of bags and boxes of soil amendments and river pebbles. A room filled with tools that might be for sale.

Carol, our neighborhood tom-tom is what I call our Lakewood Estates Community Assoc. president's e-mails to those who want to get them (usually re lost cats & dogs or suspicious door-bell ringers).

o

Thanks, Irma. Congrats on all of your new purchases - it sounds like you did well!

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here