Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dlsm_gw

The Taste Of Romano Beans

dlsm
10 years ago

I did a taste test of three types of Romano Beans. I cooked Helda, SuperMaconi and Musica in three pots, all seasoned the same. Put the cooked beans in three dishes and did a taste test. I could not tell any difference in the taste. They all tasted the same, GOOD.

My Romano Beans

Luther

Comments (9)

• whgille
    10 years ago

Hi Luther

I am glad thay your romano beans are doing well and you are enjoying them in your cooking. I have the same experience, to me all the beans taste good and I have the same three that you have, the Helda are from you, and few other snaps, I like them all!

Here they are in different parts of the garden...

Silvia

• dlsm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello Silvia,

You have a beautiful garden and well organized. I'm sad to say it puts mine to shame. I have everything all jumbled together. I try to grow too much in a small space and when it gets grown it is over crowded.

Luther

• whgille
    10 years ago

Thank you Luther, your garden is beautiful and produces well for you, the harvest is all that matter.:)

I am picking a lot of cold season and warm season crops, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, beans. Kale, cabbages, lettuce, bananas.

Yesterday for dinner we had a delicious red cabbage dish to go with roasted pork and today for lunch I am having beans with cucumber yogurt dip, delicious!

Silvia

• thetradition
    10 years ago

Man, I'm depressed. My Kentucky Wonder pole beans are just now starting to flower. They're way behind everybody else's beans, apparently.

This was the site of a three sister's garden last fall. Once the corn and pumpkins were done, I planted carrots and onions. The beans produced well into winter.

There's a few carrots and onions left. Once they're gone, this little plot will be allowed to go fallow for the summer.

• rene09
    10 years ago

I have planted Asparagus beans three times, darn rabbit keeps eating them. I also planted some heirloom beans [something Zester] & he has eaten most of them. Looks like I will have very few this time.

• whgille
    10 years ago

The Tradition, that is a nice size veggie garden and don't worry your pole beans will produce eventually. I plant sweet potatoes for the summer, they are growing in different spots in the garden, the Japanese purple are growing under a pigeon pea small tree together with thorn less blackberries. Another 3 sisters for me.:)

Silvia

• dlsm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Silvia, sounds like you had a very good dinner. We also had a pork roast with fresh vegetables from the garden. But we had to purchase sweet potatoes from the store.

The Tradition, like silvia says don't give up, they will produce in time. My garden is running a month later this year due to the unusual weather.

nene09, you will have a fat healthy rabbit to eat if nothing else. I have the squirrels to contend with. I try to trap them and transport them across the river. I would like to use my pellet gun and kill them. But in my old age I don't like to kill anything if I can prevent it.

Luther

• Truscifi
    10 years ago

My pole beans are just starting to get going now too.They've had blossoms for a while now, and yesterday when I checked them I saw the first few beans growing. They seem to be on the same schedule as my cowpeas since I started them so late!

• dlsm
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Truscifi, you will have mature beans this next weekend. It is amazing how fast they grow. I pick mine every other day and I get enough for three meals. I give them to all my neighbors as we can eat only so many. Also the squash and zucchini are coming out our ears. Have to pick them every other day also.

Luther

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner