Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardencpa

The front garden

gardencpa
10 years ago

The weather is warm, the rain has been plentiful and the garden is popping!

I hope you are all well and your garden is happy.

Melissa

Comments (13)

• mocropot
    10 years ago

Melisa, very nice , I just want to put a bench in the second picture, get a clod drink and enjoy. So peaceful. The frog is so cute. I like all that Mexican ( if I am not mistaken) pottery/ceramic.

• whgille
    10 years ago

Hi Melissa

Beautiful garden! Thanks for sharing with us.

Silvia

• thonotorose
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

First pic: Is that purple clover in a pot? I just sent for some. B & B Bulbs had a bogo sale. Is it is shade?, sun?

Thanks in advance,

Veronica

• gardencpa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys. Veronica - Yes, that is purple clover and I keep it in sun, western exposure and it seems to do well there as long as it gets somewhat regular watering. I have never planted it in the ground because I am afraid it might take over and I have enough of those kind of problems.

I don't know if the pottery is Mexican or not but I sure like the accents. I have two frogs like that. I decorate my yard, like my house, in what somebody once called "Early American Hodgepodge". :)

M

• hester_2009
    10 years ago

I love your gardens! Just my kind of look, with paths and different plants. Plus garden "objects".
    Good job!
    Hester

• happy_fl_gardener; 9a, near DeLand
    10 years ago

Very nice, Melissa.

Christine

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    10 years ago

Melissa, it looks great! I have always loved the deep purple dwarf crape myrtle!

Carol in Jacksonville

• KaraLynn
    10 years ago

Your garden is lovely and has filled in so much since the last time you had a swap at your house! I love the shape of your crape myrtles.

I have the purple oxalis planted in several spots in my garden in part shade and have never had an issue with it spreading out of control, not like the green oxalis with the pink flowers that can take over. If anything I wish the purple oxalis would spread more!

Kara

• thonotorose
    10 years ago

Thanks for the info about the purple. Since I have 20 bulbs (corms?) coming I will try a few spots and a pot.

Veronica

• gardencpa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's good to know Kara. I never had any factual evidence that it would spread but thought it might act like the green stuff. Since I do have a few things I regret planting, I didn't want to add to the list!

Melissa

• KaraLynn
    10 years ago

I've had a few things that I've really regreted planting to so I can understand wanting to be careful!

• Rhonda
    10 years ago

Your garden is amazing Melissa! How many years ago did you start it?

• gardencpa
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! I started and have been slowly expanding the front garden since we moved in here in July 2007. It's the most mature of my three main garden areas and has changed much since I started it. I have moved all of the roses and lots of the other plants at least once but the bigger crape myrtles have been there almost since the beginning.

We can get some hard freezes here so it can look pretty awful in the spring. Since last winter wasn't so bad it didn't have to come so far to get where it is right now.