Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (7)

• regine_Z 10 Fl gw
    9 years ago

Your flowers are always beautiful but I would like to see a picture of your garden from a distance so that we get the whole picture.

• whgille
    9 years ago

M, your front garden is looking beautiful as always!

My front garden

Silvia

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    9 years ago

Walli, that combo is gorgeous! I love it! And I used to be not so big on yellows and oranges, but you are making me a believer! :)

Silvia, I like the big shrimp plant in combo with the loropetalum (?). What is the big lime green plant in the background? I know I've seen it before but I can't remember what it is.

My front garden

Carol in Jacksonville

• whgille
    9 years ago

Carol, your front garden looks pretty and well taken for. The green plant is an elephant ear "Lime Zinger" and Anna shared with me some time ago...it does well in that spot and survives the winter without covering, now I have another plant that matches the color thanks to Walli, it is a Duranta.

Duranta at the end, Loropetalum with Sweet Olive, Lime Zinger and at the left side a RedBud. Also have a Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow in the front, it was flowering recently...

Silvia

• wallisadi
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Silvia, that front yard is incredible, when we drive down the street looking for your swap, we look for plants, not numbers on a house! LTY......glad your posting pics, your garden is beautiful !

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    9 years ago

Silvia: Oh yeah... Lime Zinger... that looks great with the Durante! Lime Zinger is on my "want list". Maybe you'll be willing to do a trade with me at the Fall Swap? When it gets time, I'll post my list of EE (elephant ears) type plants that have offsets. Didn't know you also had YTT and sweet tea olive. Is your YTT a spring bloomer also? I got two different plants for my mother -two different times and places - and they both turned out to be the November-blooming type. I just got my tea olive last fall... it's still in a pot... I can't decide where to put it. You are smart to put it near the front door... I''m thinking I will do the same... but it changes my landscaping plan (if you want to be generous and call it that!).

Walli: Thanks for the compliments...you watch out... next thing you know, I'll get the nerve to ask you for a trade...

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Just a can of corn?

• whgille
    9 years ago

Mark, you are just to kind.:) if anyone has a gorgeous garden is you!

Carol, of course we can do a trade, I will be very happy if you can make it to the garden party in the fall.
    I got my YTT at the Leu sale this year, it was in a big pot and it was blooming when I got it in March 15 till recently.
    I got the row of sweet olive after I went to the Bok Tower Gardens and I like the scent, also I found out that they like all sort of conditions sun wise, that spot was planted with other plants when we moved in and they were not doing well. Having them next to the entrance, you can appreciate the scent. The loropetalums are doing well too, that spot is sunny in the summer and shady in the winter.

Silvia