Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brown spots and holes in Okra leaves

Posted by johndeaux 10a (My Page) on
Wed, May 20, 09 at 19:29

My Okra has only been in the ground a little while and since the rainstorms, they damage in the linked picture below has shown up. It's only in 2 of the 8 plants so far.

Any suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: Suffering Okra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brown spots and holes in Okra leaves

Okay, I figured out how to insert the picture using HTML.
Photobucket

There's similar damage to my Swiss Chard.
Photobucket

o

my guess is snails or slugs, the recent rains is where they thrive. Many products out like Sluggo that will solve your problem prehaps. Do you see any slugs or snails around in the late evening?

o

I haven't seen anything out there except an occassional large black bug that was all over the sunflowers last year.

I'll try the beer bottle trick tonight and see what I get.

Thanks for your response.

o

almost for certain snail. Them and cut worms do their nightly damage and disappear.

o

Well, I found a slug about a quarter of an inch long on my Swiss Chard last night.

Fortunately, they're easy to kill.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here