10 years ago

Small but perfectly formed :)

• shear_stupidity
    10 years ago

LOL!!!!

• aharriedmom
    10 years ago

Haha, CONGRATULATIONS!

...that's how my harvests always work. One year, I got one perfect little grape tomato. I was very excited (ha) to eat it. Then I took a bite and the skin was really fleshy and thick and the tomato had no taste at all.

~

For the past six years I have tried tomatoes. For the past five years, I have said I will not try tomatoes again. Last year I held off until late summer, and then decided I'd try for a fall crop. No success.

This year I did not buy a single tomato plant. I was NOT going to try them again - spring or fall. Then someone gave my husband three good size plants to give to me. So far, so good - and one looks like it might actually give me five or six. They're large and so far undamaged. This means I will probably try tomatoes again next year.... lol.

....Actually, when these plants finish, I plan on cutting them back hard, repotting (or potting up), and trying to save them for a fall crop... who knows what will happen? I like to experiment.

Also, after reading more and more, I think that I'm using pots that are much too small. Each year I have improved my tomato skills - from an in-ground partial sun location -- in-ground afternoon sun -- in pots in afternoon sun -- to pots with 5-1-1 in afternoon sun -- to all day sun in pots with 5-1-1.

Now I think I just need bigger pots.

• whgille
    10 years ago

M, do you remember that song? Don't worry, be happy! :)

Silvia

• amberroses
    10 years ago

I love it your harvest :) The little thing must feel very special. Hopefully he will have more brothers and sisters soon.

I dug out some of my potatoes the other day and I found one the size of a marble. Eventually I did find some good potatoes at the bottom, but the 15 seconds that I thought that was my only harvest were very bitter.

I'm also waiting on my single peach that the squirrels didn't get. I think that they are waiting for it to get ripe too.

• thetradition
    10 years ago

What variety is that, wallisadi? Red Rubber Ball? ; )

This post was edited by TheTradition on Thu, May 30, 13 at 19:14

• happy_fl_gardener; 9a, near DeLand
    10 years ago

Mark - That'll go nice with the eggplant that you harvested recently! Good for you...keep it up.

• Pieonear
    10 years ago

And you've already ruined that one little tomato by putting it in the fridge.

• loufloralcityz9
    10 years ago

Where on earth did you find the seeds for growing a billiard ball??

MOO

• morningloree
    10 years ago

I can relate, I ran into the house with my harvest of three strawberries, the size of grapes, and my family let me know I could get strawberries at Publix.