o
Hydrangeas are getting ready to put on a show

Posted by love_the_yard z9A Jax FL (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 14 at 20:28

Only a few more days...

photo IMG_4118Large.jpg

This rain sure won't hurt...

photo IMG_4119Large.jpg

What's getting ready to put on a show in your yard?

Carol in Jacksonville

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hydrangeas are getting ready to put on a show

First bloom

photo IMG_4201Large.jpg

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Sat, May 17, 14 at 14:49

Carol, I love hydrangeas! congrats on your blooms. I had a lot of hydrangeas in one of my past gardens in Mass., it was a shady garden.

Silvia

o

Drift Roses and finally Calladiums.......

o

Silvia, you had a SHADE garden? I would have never guessed. Is this before you became the Queen of Fruits and Vegetables? I bet your hydrangeas were gorgeous - I think the ones up north look better - the leaves on mine get pretty stressed in another 3-4 weeks - ugly brown spots and margins from the sun.

Hey Walli - I love that big red one in the back... is that the caladium they call Brandywine? Boy, you waited long enough for your caladium this year... maybe because of all of your shade gardening and the ground took awhile to warm up? Just a thought.

Carol

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Sun, May 18, 14 at 15:07

Mark, that is a beautiful arrangement of plants and colors, it looks like a painting!

Carol, in my previous lives I had many different type of gardens, always grown fruits and vegetables since I was a child. You would of love one of my front gardens in New York, people passing by took pictures and stayed to look at it. It was the first bulb type of garden in spring, I don't remember how many bulbs that I had, they were brought from Holland and they all came like a symphony and I also copied the gardens in the Cloisters.
A unique front garden that I had was the one in Arizona, xeriscape, Wild West type decorations and cactus and succulents galore! It was like Toombstone, had beautiful roses in the back...

Silvia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here