Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natives_and_veggies

Queen Emma seed bulbs - a thank you

A few years ago a Garden webber said she had seed bulbs from Queen Emma crinums. I was just getting started. She was very kind and sent me five, even though I didn't have anything to trade.
I was only hoping for one, and only had room for three. I shared the other two with a friend of mine - she and I are basically creating biologically identical yards, because we share so much. (Coffeemom, some of your wonderful plants have also found homes in her yard. When I didn't have room for two, Amy got one.)
Two of my three Queen Emmas thrived and are now blooming. They're gorgeous even when they're not blooming - those purple leaves are stunning against the tan of my house.
I was at a party tonight and my friend mentioned to me that both of hers are blooming, and she also loves the beauty of the plant, even when it isn't blooming.
I'm afraid I suffered a computer crash, and a few other crashes, since then. So I don't know anymore who sent me those seed bulbs. But I'm really grateful. And my friend is too! She never met you, but loves your generosity when it came to seeds you didn't need that she and I could use. Our yards make us happier because of your generosity.
I hope you read this!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner