Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
koreansoul

Places to buy fruit trees/Cocktail Citrus trees in Central Florid

Koreansoul
9 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm usually over in the seed exchange or hot pepper forum but I thought I'd jump in over here. I need a good place to buy some fruit/citrus trees in the Central Florida area. More specifically Close to Winter Garden/Orlando area.

If anyone can help please let me know!

Comments (8)

• stuartwanda
    9 years ago

If you can make a 2 hour trip, There is a "Taste of the Tropics" Put on by the Master Gardeners of Martin county?
    June 28th, 9 to 12, Let me know if you need more info.

• puglvr1
    9 years ago

There's a place in Lake Wales (appx. 10-15) miles from Winter Haven called McGill Citrus Nursery...google them and call ahead to make sure they have the Citrus you are looking for. I purchased a very healthy Dancy tangerine from them several months ago...

I've never been but there's one in Winter Haven called Rasnake Citrus Nursery

And Hickory Hills Citrus Nursery in Lake Wales...call them before hand to make sure they are still around :o)

Oh one more thing if you drive south of Winter Haven to Sebring ( less than an hour) one way there are a couple of nice nurseries that sell Fruit and Citrus trees...Robbins Nursery and Lords Farm Nursery...

This post was edited by puglvr1 on Sun, Jun 15, 14 at 9:03

• Koreansoul
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks guys. I can't make the trip to Lake Wales or down to Stuart. Thank you for the info though!

I'm also in Winter Garden not Winter Haven sorry for the confusion. :)

• stuartwanda
    9 years ago

Doesn't your big box stores carry fruit trees?

• Koreansoul
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I"m looking for trees not normally carried in the big box stores.

• leahrenee1
    9 years ago

Lukas Nursery usually carries them, in Oviedo. The west Colonial Lowes also carries them sometimes.

• whgille
    9 years ago

Hi Koreansoul

Have you tried the farmers market in Winter Garden on Saturdays? or the one in Clermont on Sunday? If you are looking for something in particular, you can probably ask the vendors if they can get it for you.
    You can also look at the Knox nursery, sometimes they have a good selection and are willing to help and order for you.
    There are other options where they can come to your house and even plant them for you. My neighbor got 5 fruit trees like that from Craig List. Another one is PlantOGram.

Silvia

• Koreansoul
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The Winter Garden Farmers market is more craft then true farmers. I have not checked the Clermont one however so that might be a go this weekend.

I went to Knox last Saturday but we were in the middle of a long rain storm so everything was flooded lol. I'll give them a second look when I get the chance.

I may take a trip out to Lukas but it's a pretty far trip for me. I'll give them a call and see what they have. Lowes had a lot of stuff last year but this year it's pretty bare. Unless I want to grow Papaya they have lots of Papaya lol.

Thanks guys!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting