Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keiki_gw

Its the little things

keiki
11 years ago

We all go through hard times and right now my life is full of difficult challanges. This morning I realized its the little things that make you smile so I thought I would share my smiles with those who would understand.

I found a bubble envelope on my front porch this morning with red noodle seeds and a sweet potato bush from a new gardening friend. Thanks Tina! BIG : )

My tropical fruit : ) The mango tree is loaded with nice fruit. The sugar apples are getting bigger everyday. I harvested a large red pineapple this am. The first of the seasons bananas are ripe with 6 more coming along nicely. The muscadines are plumping up and I see baby figs.

The koi and chickens are playing happily for me to watch :)

Sometimes it's the little things.

Comments (11)

• katkin_gw
    11 years ago

You are so right. I read in another post about your brother and my thoughts and prayers are with him and your family. :o)

• tinael01
    11 years ago

Lots of long distance HUGS to you Robin. You have a many friends on this website thinking about you!

• tomncath
    11 years ago

R, I potted these bulbs last Saturday and one is blooming already, I'm sending this Karma to you and your family.

• katkin_gw
    11 years ago

R, how is your brother doing now?

• keiki
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone! This post was meant to be cheerful not about me being sad but I appreciate your support.

Tom that is the same day lily as mine or almost. It looks darker in that picture than the other ones.

My brother is holding his own. His neurologist will only say you are much better than the first time I met you. Well lets hope so, the fluid on his brain had him so confused he thought Reagan was president and the year was 1982. They don't know or wont say what caused it and if it will happen again since there was no trauma. They also don't know if he will completely recover or remain like he is now. So they will take another CAT scan in 2 weeks and see if fluid is building up again. In the mean time life is very different.

SOOOOOO who has some good edible plant news or pictures?

• katkin_gw
    11 years ago

I'll keep him in my prayers and you too.

I wish I'd learn to take pictures and post them. I just never can find the time it seems when hubby is home. I don't even know where the camera is. Let alone get the pics to the pc. I'm teckno challenged. ;o)

• crueltyfre
    11 years ago

Robin, you are so right, it is the little things. I've taken to walking the garden when I'm stressed, and to take my mind totally off whatever it was that upset me, I started counting how many different blooms/buds I see. By focusing on finding a bud/flower, I'd have to stop thinking of what was stressing me. By the time I hit a dozen, I'm feeling better. My best day so far was 52! (spring!). Stay strong, let the garden do it's magic!
    Lori

• Truscifi
    11 years ago

I'm so sorry about your brother. You will both be in my thoughts.

Here's a distraction for you. Is this a banana pup? It is coming up next to the raja puri. And if it is, what do I do with it?

• Truscifi
    11 years ago

Anyone? I'm pretty sure it is a banana pup. It's growing well where it is. Can I just leave it there?

• keiki
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, it is a baby. Is that the one I gave you at Lori's? I tried to give you one with eyes. I recommend you let it grow, no work involved : )

• Truscifi
    11 years ago

Yes, that's the one you gave me. It is doing great! Hubby will be happy to hear we can just leave it there too, since he's doing all the garden labor right now.

So how many is optimal for a clump of bananas? Will it just keep producing pups?