Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shear_stupidity

Photos from Leu Gardens

shear_stupidity
10 years ago

I took 357 photos at Harry P. Leu Gardens yesterday (with susieqsie). Here are some of my favorites.
(Susie, I didn't post the pic of you by the tree because I didn't ask your permission. Instead, I emailed it to you!)

Comments (23)

• thetradition
    10 years ago

Wow, it looks like you guys had a good time! Beautiful pictures. Looks like a whole 'nother world!

• ibarbidahl
    10 years ago

LOL. It is a whole 'nother world. It's amazing what working full time on a garden can acomplish.

The heart shaped rose... Too sweet! Love it.

• ibarbidahl
    10 years ago

LOL. It is a whole 'nother world. It's amazing what working full time on a garden can acomplish.

The heart shaped rose... Too sweet! Love it.

• shear_stupidity
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I can't wait to go back and bring my good camera!

We had a very nice time. I'd never been there before, but I'm thinking they're gonna' start to recognize me by face real soon!

• KaraLynn
    10 years ago

Now I really want to go back! I've only ever been there in the early spring before everything's started to fill out. You pictures are amazing and just make me want to go as soon as possible!

Kara

• shear_stupidity
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Kara!

Maybe you'll join Susie and I on our next trip?

• ckjudd
    10 years ago

Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing. Have to keep this place in mind when my daughters in-laws come down in July. He is ready to move here, she is not.

Cindy

• foreverlad
    10 years ago

I have mixed feelings about Botanical Gardens. I love them for showing us what is possible to both produce and preserve in a yard, but hate them for the same reason. lol

There's times I wish I knew I had 20, 30, even 50 years to tend to a single garden, knowing every righted stem or newly introduced companion plant would one day prove worthy of an admission fee.

Forget selling plants for a living. I'd be content to work the rest of my days in a botanical garden.

Stunning photos, Shear.

Mike

• shear_stupidity
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cindy, doesn't everyone move to Florida eventually? At least, that's been my experience! Maybe this will sway your daughter-in-law?

Mike, the only mixed feelings I have about botanical gardens are whether I want to live there or work there. Do you sell plants for a living? That would be kinda cool, too.

Thanks for the compliment!

• wallisadi
    10 years ago

Love the pictures!!!!!! Palm and bamboo gardens are my favorite!

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

WOW Bridget!! Great job with the camera! Those are so beautiful I can't even imagine what your good camera will do! Y'know, some of those scenes I also took a picture of, but mine didn't turn out well enough to post here...and yours look like a pro shot them for a magazine spread!

If you want to put up the one of me with the giant humongous oak tree in the cemetary, that'd be OK since that tree is the coolest - like all those magnificent trees we were so astonished over. And put up some more of those 357 pics! They're just so amazing.

If anyone wants me to tell you the secret Bridget shared with me for getting so many great shots ~ it's because she spent a goodly amount of time walking backwards.....

We sure had a great time.

Susie

• shear_stupidity
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL @ "goodly amount of time walking backwards"! That's true! You HAVE to look behind you... you get the best shots and views that way!

Here's Susie!

• shear_stupidity
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the compliments on the photo skills! I can't wait to bring the Canon and tripod.

But let's be clear: I don't know anything about photography. Nothing. Zilch. It's just taking pics of what I love!

• botaniphile
    10 years ago

Beautiful pictures! Love it.

• Tom
    10 years ago

Love the pictures. Now I'm sad that I didn't join you. I do make sure to go to Leu Gardens at least twice a year. Once in late winter or early spring to see the camellias and azaleas, and then to the annual plant sale. I would say that February is my favorite month. Leu Gardens is probably best known for their camellias and that is when most are in full bloom.

However, every season is beautiful as your pictures show. Thanks for posting them. Let me know the next time you plan to go. I forget how different plants are in bloom at different times.

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting all of the awesome eye-candy. I love looking at all of the photos. I have to get to Leu Gardens one of these days. Gorgeous!

Carol

• shear_stupidity
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks!

I think I'll be taking the granddaughters there next week. Then I want to go a different time with my good camera.
    Then I want to go again and again...

I'm gonna need that annual pass.

• KaraLynn
    10 years ago

Bridget, I would love to join the two of you next time you go! I just need enough forewarning to schedule a day off of work.

Kara

• shear_stupidity
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Susie? When do YOU want to go back?

• KaraLynn
    10 years ago

I'll have July 5th off which is a friday but if you wanted to get together to go then or even to a different garden I'll be available!

• shear_stupidity
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kara~

July 5th is a definite possibility for me! I'll know on the 17th of June whether I'm babysitting on July 5th, so I can confirm then!

• KaraLynn
    10 years ago

Sounds good! Please send me an e-mail when you know.

• shear_stupidity
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Will do!